Yamaha PSR-SX900

Based on the PSR-S series, the SX series models have been completely redesigned and come with a wide array of exciting new features for even more playing, composition and songwriting possibilities.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul, SeaGtGruff

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Yamaha PSR-SX900

Unread post by Saul »

Yamaha PSR-SX900
Yamaha PSR-SX900
  • 1337 Voices, including 252 Super Articulation Voices, 24 Organ Flutes! Voices. 56 Drum/SFX kits
  • 525 Styles, including 463 Pro Styles, 46 Session Styles, 10 DJ Styles and 6 Freeplay Styles
  • Pre-installed Expansion content
  • Real Distortion and Real Reverb, with an intuitive effects interface
  • 1GB on-board memory for expansion data
  • 4GB internal memory
  • MIDI song file capacity : 3MB per file
  • Joystick, FSB keyboard, Sub output, and Expansive Soundfield Speakers for powerful live performance
  • Intuitive and fast control with 7" color touch screen and Assignable function
  • Chord Looper function
  • Mic/Guitar input for use when singing or collaborating with other performers
  • Playlist and Registration for quick and easy set up
  • Vocal Harmony and Synth Vocoder functions
  • Audio Recording (WAV/MP3)
  • Voice and Style expandability with the Yamaha Expansion Manager
  • 2 USB TO DEVICE terminals
  • External display capability
  • Bluetooth Audio *may not have this functionality depending on the country
UK Price £1,999.00

Quite a bit more expensive than it's sibling the PSR-SX700 which costs around £1125 what extra does the PSR-SX900 bring to the party?

Another 351 voices, an extra 121 super articulation voices and 15 more Drum/SFX kits.
125 extra styles including 110 more Pro styles, 12 Session styles and 3 more Free Play.
4Gb Internal memory as opposed to the 400mb on the SX700.
Chord looper function. Is this also on the SX700?
External Display Capability...perhaps also available on the SX700?
Bluetooth Audio.

Worth the extra £874? What do you think?

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Music Software Bundles from Pluginboutique.com
tonyhaslam
Location.: UK

Re: Yamaha PSR-SX900

Unread post by tonyhaslam »

I've only been playing my new SX600 for a week and living every minute. I managed to purchase it for £1450, which I was pleased with. I've been working my way through the functionality and learning a wide variety of styles and their sounds and variations. I've also just added a microphone and been playing around with the different effects and harmony styles that can be applied. Today I have been attempting to focus on recording songs to midi and then linking that through to a DAW on my laptop so that I can compose new songs and use the DAW to perfect the quality of the recording. This step looks like it could be a big learning curve. I've chosen FL Studio to use as the DAW but am losing a lot of the quality of the sound I had recorded on the keyboard. The quality of the sound is superb on the keyboard but when I import it into FLS 90% of that quality is lost. I used the Quick Recording method on the keyboard so maybe I need to use Multi-Track to get better quality. I'm worried that FLS might not be the right DAW to get compatibility with the SX600 though. Anyone had this problem or can recommend a DAW that might be better suited?

tonyhaslam

Sorry, kept saying SX600 when I meant SX900 throughout my post. It's been a long day!

tonyhaslam

OK, so today I tried out the Multi-Track Midi recording feature and managed to import the file into FL Studio. I even added a header track to inform the Studio about the Style and exported all 16 tracks. I'm still disappointed with the result. The sound is weak and not as rich as from the instrument itself. Also FL Studio is not loading up different tracks, even though I ask it to. All the sounds seem to be in one track. Hmmm! where do I go to to find out what i need to do to make it load better?