New 2019 Fantom

FANTOM is a new kind of creative hub, made for rapid production and expressive performance.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New 2019 Fantom

Unread post by Saul » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:58 pm

I haven't checked on that but it would seem an odd decision by Roland not to allow you to map user samples across the keys :think:

It also seems a backward step. I cannot understand why Roland ditched their "skip back sampling" feature that was on the Fantom X, Fantom XA and Fantom G. I think it might have been on the Fantom S also?

It was an incredibly useful feature.

Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar France
EXer

Re: New 2019 Fantom

Unread post by EXer » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:07 pm

mick_n wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:25 pm
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Roland until i realised that user samples cannot be mapped across the key range to make patches that use user samples/wav's.
Yes, the lack of multisamples support is a shame.

On the Juno-DS that feature was added later with an OS update. So why isn't it there in the Fantom from the start?

The new Fantom looks well thought out and promising, but it seems the Roland marketing department compel their engineers to add that typical Roland taste of not-completely-baked (*) to all their products.

(*) e.g. the notes generated by the arpeggiator of the V-Synth XT module cannot be output via MIDI (contrary to the V-Synth keyboard), thereby depriving its users from using that very powerful arpeggiator to drive e.g. an external analog synth :evil:
EX5 EX5 EX5R FS1R TX81Z TX81Z TX7 A4000
EX5Tech Member #101

VVLNERANT OMNES VLTIMA NECAT

Return to “Roland Fantom Forum”