New 2019 Fantom

FANTOM is a new kind of creative hub, made for rapid production and expressive performance.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: New 2019 Fantom

Unread post by Saul »

I haven't checked on that but it would seem an odd decision by Roland not to allow you to map user samples across the keys :think:

It also seems a backward step. I cannot understand why Roland ditched their "skip back sampling" feature that was on the Fantom X, Fantom XA and Fantom G. I think it might have been on the Fantom S also?

It was an incredibly useful feature.

Saul
Site Admin
#masks4all

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate advertising links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help me via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

EXer

Unread post by EXer »

mick_n wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:25 pm
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Roland until i realised that user samples cannot be mapped across the key range to make patches that use user samples/wav's.
Yes, the lack of multisamples support is a shame.

On the Juno-DS that feature was added later with an OS update. So why isn't it there in the Fantom from the start?

The new Fantom looks well thought out and promising, but it seems the Roland marketing department compel their engineers to add that typical Roland taste of not-completely-baked (*) to all their products.

(*) e.g. the notes generated by the arpeggiator of the V-Synth XT module cannot be output via MIDI (contrary to the V-Synth keyboard), thereby depriving its users from using that very powerful arpeggiator to drive e.g. an external analog synth :evil:
EX5 EX5 EX5R FS1R TX81Z TX81Z TX7 A4000
EX5Tech Member #101

VVLNERANT OMNES VLTIMA NECAT

squishmusic

Unread post by squishmusic »

I am after some Roland sounds on a synth or box.
Anyway, locally to me a Fantom XA has come up for 280€
Is this a good deal? (it looks all ok from pics)

I havent found much online of where it fits in the Fantom range? is it same as the XR rack?
Also is the synth engine the same as/similar to the JV range (since I also see a JV1010 going for 100€ less).

:music-guitarred:
music@https://soundcloud.com/squishmusic
https://www.facebook.com/squishmusic/

//
Gear: Alesis Micron, Casio VL1, Korg Electribe ES2, Novation RemoteZeroSL, Yamaha DJX1, Yamaha QY70, Yamaha SY35, Yamaha MDF2, A&H ZED10, Zoom B1on :: iOS: Nanoloop, Nanostudio, iMPC, iMaschine.
Gear I miss: almost all of what I got rid of! :D Nostalgic for my Yamaha TG33 & RM1X. Good days with them :D