Yamaha ll6JT

Yamaha LS and LL Series acoustic guitars.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Plfricker1

Yamaha ll6JT

Unread post by Plfricker1 »

Does anyone know what year the ll6jt was produced? Also does anyone know where I can get one👍🏼

Loopmasters Sale
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Yamaha ll6JT

Unread post by Saul »

Plfricker1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:31 pm Does anyone know what year the ll6jt was produced? Also does anyone know where I can get one👍🏼
Hi Plfricker1. Welcome to the forums :)

Probably Leon will know more about this than I do but I "think" the LL6JT was produced between 1994 through to 2004.

I don't know where you would find one now other than the usual suspects of eBay and reverb.com and I saw one go there for just under £300 but then the postage from Japan bumped that up by another £168.
yamaha-ll6j.jpg
yamaha-ll6j.jpg (49.64 KiB) Viewed 274 times

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Mimasu

VIP

Re: Yamaha ll6JT

Unread post by Mimasu »

Saul wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:50 pm Probably Leon will know more about this than I do but I "think" the LL6JT was produced between 1994 through to 2004.
I'm afraid I'm overestimated on this one.

Little info and some varying info.

The old US Yamaha guitarchive as wel as the Japanese Guitarchive stated production from 1994 till 2004 as Saul also says.

The LL6JT was clearly a Japan home market guitar. Doesn't appear in any of my export catalogs. First appearance is in a Japanese catalog from 1998 under "New Line Up", so that wouldn't match the start of production in 1994.

The two archives agree one some things: rosewood back and sides (laminated), rosewood fingerboard. The US guitarchive says solid spruce top. The Japanese guitarchive laminated spruce top. As the Japanese guitarchive is wrong on that issue on more lower number LL's. like the LL11 adnd LL11E I think the top is solid.

Leon