FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

The new Casiotone upgrade

All Casio keyboards and modules.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

shelly0624 United States of America

VIP

The new Casiotone upgrade

Unread post by shelly0624 »

I found this on YouTube. I always enjoy Jeremy See's YouTube reviews. Saul just recently posted this new Casio keyboard offering. It is the Casiotone upgrade. They listened to their customers and added the Aix sound source and some extra features. It seems to have the same durable portability, so you can chuck it in the car and go if you want to play with song ideas or practice. You can even wear it like a keytar since it accommodates a guitar strap. One of these would make a great inexpensive keyboard for my grandkids. The CT-S400 isn't featured on this particular video but was mentioned in Saul's article. That one has more sounds and would probably be the one I would lean toward for the kids.

nakeyer Russia

Re: The new Casiotone upgrade

Unread post by nakeyer »

Funny thing :)
In some cases it is really handy to use.
I also like mobile music devices, so I have Yamaha QY100 which can be connected to any MIDI keyboard.
Please look this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17147
Regards!
Nick.
Last edited by nakeyer on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Unread post by Saul »

Indeed the new Casiotone keyboards all come with the aix chip onboard. The main difference is in the memory size so the CT-S400 and LK-S450 have more user tones onboard. The sound quality should now be on par with the CT-X700, CT-X3000 and CT-X5000 and that is a very good thing indeed :)

There is also an official video here:

There are other videos planned and I am sure we will see more after the keyboards hit the stores in May.
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Jack at Andertons has just put up a video of the CT-S1 which I think tells the whole story.

This is quite impressive given the price.
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.

VIP

I'm wondering how much they cost. Right now a new CT-X700 is about $174 retail. I'm not sure but I think you can use a thumb drive with the CT-S1?
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

In the UK the CT-S1 is priced at £225 which equates to around $311 but I think it will actually be a lot cheaper in the USA. The CT-X700 was priced way cheaper than here and I can't see any reason why the Casio CT-S1 would not follow suit.

The CT-S1 does have a USB to device connection but as far as I can tell from the manual it is only for connecting the optional wireless midi module :think:

CTS1_usersguide_EN.pdf
(5.58 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
CTS1_quickstartguide_EN.pdf
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 247 times
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

VIP

I asked Jeremy See and he thinks it might be around $200 even though the suggested manufacturer's retail price is quite a bit higher. (As it always is). I could listen to Jack from Anderton's play keyboard all day. What an amazing talent. His style really showcases the Casiotone's upgraded sounds. As usual, I always appreciate a beginner instrument that doesn't frustrate a first-time player.
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

$200 would be an excellent deal! That would be just £144.00. We would never see prices like that here :(
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Eduardo Rojas Chile
Where Are You Located?: Chile

Unread post by Eduardo Rojas »

This BEGS for 73 and 88 keys versions

Wonder if this is a sort of testing before the big PX announcements. Fans have been waiting for years for a PX 5S and 560M successors

Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

I don't know. I was told a couple of years back that Casio was working on a new synth to replace the PX-5S but I have heard nothing about it since then. It is definitely overdue but then "synths" are not really Caiso's core market these days. It is a tough area to compete in because they are up against the likes of Yamaha, Korg and Roland.

Casio is much more highly regarded now than it was so perhaps it is time for that new top-end synth to make an appearance. They need to get it right though, which is probably why they are taking their time. :think:
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Another CT-S1 video, this time by Casio Product Marketing Manager Rich Formidoni.

I think this will be another very popular Casio keyboard, even with the price being so much higher in the UK ;)

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Jokeyman123 United States of America
Where Are You Located?: Milford, pa

Unread post by Jokeyman123 »

I am Jokeyman at the Casio music forum-have several Privias, and have played mny other Casios past and present, been watchin ghtese developments closely-still have not seen the appearnace of the CT-S400 which was supposed to be out in July-so could be any day-is available in japan. since I've been leaning heavily on my PCX-560 and XW-P1 for quite awhile-I am also waiting to see if there will be an advancement on he PX5S/560 concept-we have made many suggestions as to what might be introduced into a more advanced version of their flagship keyboard-the 560. the new PX-S series have been introduced-the 1100 and 3100-but except for a new bluetooth and audio in connection-are not breaking too far away from the 1000/3000 series. My 560 compares favorably to any of my other workstations as far as authentic acoustic piano performance-with a few operating system upgrades-and possibly drawbar or more knob controllers-would be right there with many workstations costing alot more than my PX560-and i have studied them all-Roland, Kurzweil, Korg, Yamaha-many seem to be following the Casio trend of losing weight with their 88-key keyboards-such as the newsest PC4 Kurzweil-the Roland DS and FA series and i think the 88-key MOD-X have all suddenly lost alot of weight. I wish I could!
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

The PX-S1100 is an incremental update on the already fantastic PX-S1000. If you already have a product that good, where can you go with it and maintain roughly the same price point? The addition of the Bluetooth MIDI is very useful. I have that same adapter with the CT-S1.

I like the look of the PX-S3100 but my main use for these keyboards is for piano so the extra sounds would not be of much use to me. The display is something I would have liked to see on the PX-S1100. I am definitely NOT a fan of using the keys as buttons to navigate around sounds. Although of course, you can connect to the Chordana app on an iPhone, iPad etc and that acts as your display. It is a compromise and does keep the cost down so I can live with it, just ;)

I hope to get hands-on with the PX-S1100 at some point but right now I have damaged a tendon in my left hand so I am finding it hard to even work with the CT-S1. Trying to play with your hand in a splint is not exactly smooth and intuitive :lol:
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook