Help! Changing strings on Yamaha RM Pro fitted MSG Deluxe?

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, Buzzard, parametric, Saul

Wales
GRI57

Help! Changing strings on Yamaha RM Pro fitted MSG Deluxe?

Unread post by GRI57 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:33 am

Hi All - bit embarrassing this one, but thought i would ask the question here rather than at the local store...

For the life of me i cant work out how to fit new strings to my cherished MSG Deluxe which is fitted with the RM Pro system. I have never changed strings on a locking trem style guitar and the instruction manual offers no help at all. Getting the old strings out was a bit of a fiddle but I cant see how to insert the new strings - no doubt I am missing something obvious to all but me..

Any guidance would be much appreciated - the guitar doesn't need a setup so I am loathe to waste money on taking the guitar in to have it done.
Wales
GRI57

Re: Help! Changing strings on Yamaha RM Pro fitted MSG Deluxe?

Unread post by GRI57 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:31 pm

GRI57 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:33 am
Hi All - bit embarrassing this one, but thought i would ask the question here rather than at the local store...

For the life of me i cant work out how to fit new strings to my cherished MSG Deluxe which is fitted with the RM Pro system. I have never changed strings on a locking trem style guitar and the instruction manual offers no help at all. Getting the old strings out was a bit of a fiddle but I cant see how to insert the new strings - no doubt I am missing something obvious to all but me..

Any guidance would be much appreciated - the guitar doesn't need a setup so I am loathe to waste money on taking the guitar in to have it done.
GRI57 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:33 am

Have worked it out now. Can’t believe I was so thick!
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Glad to hear you have it sorted. I don't have any experience at all with the MSG and the last trem even remotely like this that I had anything to do with was probably over 30 years ago! I'm 99% acoustic guitars these days, much simpler and that makes me a very happy chap indeed :)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
Wales
GRI57

Unread post by GRI57 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Thanks Saul. If you get the chance to have a strum on an MSG, do take it - wonderful, yet undervalued guitars.

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”