More Gretsch than Yamaha

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: More Gretsch than Yamaha

Unread post by Saul »

It is a really nice looking guitar, especially the fretboard but I have no idea what it is :think: Where did you get it?

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
TheSupposedStringMeister

Unread post by TheSupposedStringMeister »

Saul wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:53 pm It is a really nice looking guitar, especially the fretboard but I have no idea what it is :think: Where did you get it?
Thanks Saul, nice compliment. I build the guitar, mostly from NZ grown wood :D

The fretboard is NZ puriri, which is a very dense, greenish hardwood. This piece of fretboard came from a huge branch I cut off a huge tree some 20 years ago. Earlier this year I cut out five or so fretboards from a nice piece and hand picked this particular one for its lovely (IMO) grain effect.

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

SSM . . . .

I'm not an Axe-man as many in here will tell you, but I can SEE quality workmanship and design, despite that . . .

I LOVE the wood-grain detail in the fretboard. That surely is quite unusual?

Also, I love the F-holes on a classic pattern Guitar Body.

You have made a very unique-looking Guitar. If it sounds as good as it looks - I think you have your own "Classic" . . . ((i))

parametric

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
TheSupposedStringMeister

Unread post by TheSupposedStringMeister »

parametric wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:39 am SSM . . . .

I'm not an Axe-man as many in here will tell you, but I can SEE quality workmanship and design, despite that . . .

I LOVE the wood-grain detail in the fretboard. That surely is quite unusual?

Also, I love the F-holes on a classic pattern Guitar Body.

You have made a very unique-looking Guitar. If it sounds as good as it looks - I think you have your own "Classic" . . . ((i))

parametric
Thank you for your compliment. It is a labour of love... there is about 120 hours of work in there...

I think the TV Jones Classics sound really good and suit this guitar well. Have a listen to this guy who tried it out for me...

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

Sounds great to me ((i)) ((i)) ((i))

A labour of Love I can understand . . I'm always repectful of people who can do stuff I can't . . . .

There is something almost spiritual about working with Wood - and if you add to that the fact that you are making an

instrument - then that is an ideal marriage . . . . surely? Thanks for Posting . . . .

ATB

parametric

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris