How hard was it to find musicians for the type of genre you play?

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar India
Michaeljones

How hard was it to find musicians for the type of genre you play?

Unread post by Michaeljones » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:47 am

After 2 years of playing the guitar I've started to look through Craigslist for a band, or atleast some buds to jam and write songs with. I've noticed that in my area (Toronto) there are a ton of cover bands, not many metal bands, and the ones that are, live too far...

I want to know: how hard was it to find a band for the type of genre you play? Also if you had any advice for someone like me who has never been in a "band" band but has been in an orchestral band.

Cheers!
User avatar United States of America
NYGeorge

Re: How hard was it to find musicians for the type of genre you play?

Unread post by NYGeorge » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:18 pm

I don't know the culture of music in Toronto but my advice would be to find an open mic night and polish up a few tunes( covers or originals if you have them) and give it a go. You might well find some kindred spirits.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How hard was it to find musicians for the type of genre you play?

Unread post by Saul » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Maybe my geography is out but I wasn't aware Toronto was in India, which is where the poster is located and posting from. Still, even spammers ask interesting questions occasionally ;)

So to answer that question If someone is not used to playing with a band, probably one of the best tools you can buy is a looper pedal. They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and with features from the most basic to incredibly complex. I would recommend any of the TC Electronic pedals. Great designs, lots of options and built to last :)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”