NAMM 2019 Blue Cat Re-Guitar Plugin - infinite number of guitar tones out of a single instrument!

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

NAMM 2019 Blue Cat Re-Guitar Plugin - infinite number of guitar tones out of a single instrument!

Unread post by Saul » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:11 am

I came across this very interesting looking piece of software today called 'Re-Guitar' by Blue Cat Audio.
Blue Cat Audio Re-Guitar.png
Here's the description:
Welcome to the world of "Re-Guitaring": enjoy an infinite number of guitar tones out of a single instrument!

With Re-Guitar, you can emulate many kinds of guitar tones (electric or acoustic), regardless of the guitar model used for recording: keep playing your own guitar and get all the sounds that you like, and more!

The built-in pickup simulator lets you emulate many types of electric guitar pickups without the need to modify your favorite instrument: choose from a selection of popular guitar pickups or create your own.

You can also dig and expand the body "in the box" to craft your own hollow body guitar tone thanks to the body simulator.

The plug-in includes a selection of acoustic guitar simulations, and you can craft your own too.

In addition to the brightness and gain adjustements, the virtual tone and volume pots let you tweak the tone in details. They can even be automated to follow the performance.

If you do not play guitar but are producing music with recorded guitars, you will enjoy "re-guitaring" too: you can now "fix it in the mix" and virtually switch guitars after recording!

This plug-in has not been released yet - it is expected to be available around Q2 201
Looks like the sort of software I would be interested in. Wonder what everyone else thinks?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar United States of America
NYGeorge

Re: NAMM 2019 Blue Cat Re-Guitar Plugin - infinite number of guitar tones out of a single instrument!

Unread post by NYGeorge » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:32 am

I guess if you are already committed to digital sound reproduction this would be OK. Somehow I can't believe it's any kind of substitute for wood and wire.
It would take up way less space than a whole bunch of guitars but where's the fun in that?
User avatar Ireland
Struny

Re: NAMM 2019 Blue Cat Re-Guitar Plugin - infinite number of guitar tones out of a single instrument!

Unread post by Struny » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Are they trying to tell us one guitar is enough? :hand: :naughty:
Blasphemy :lol:
Remember seeing review of a pedal doing similar job and good few called it an expensive eq. Looks like this software is eq and modulation. Still would like to try it but seriously one guitar? Hope my better half never sees this :pray:
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:09 pm

Well personally I would never just have ONE guitar but I would definitely like to give the software a try.

Have not been impressed with any guitar modelling yet especially when talking about acoustic modelling. No one seems to be able to crack it properly.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”