My first electric guitar!

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

India
Kidbooo

My first electric guitar!

Unread post by Kidbooo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:38 am

Hello everyone,,
After a few months of playing on acoustic, I have finally received my first electric guitar! Yay lol! It’s just a Squier Bullet, which seems to be pretty standard for newer players, but it plays better than I thought it would.

Anyways, I got this as an extremely early bday gift (since my father just couldn’t wait) on Monday, along with a Vox VT30 Valvetronix amp, which luckily comes with some effects and stuff too.

I don’t really know a lot of the little tricks that come with playing electric guitar and using amps and stuff, but I can’t wait to learn all about them! What was your favorite trick or technique that you learned when starting on electric guitar?
Last edited by Kidbooo on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Britain
balston11

Re: My first electric guitar!

Unread post by balston11 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:12 pm

Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your new guitar and look forward to hearing how you get on.
Bill
Web http://www.alston-family.co.uk for lots of Yamaha and other guitar information
User avatar United States of America
NYGeorge

Unread post by NYGeorge » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:22 pm

As you obviously have internet access I would suggest checking out Youtube. There are a gazillion tutorials on there. But first I guess you should decide where your musical inclinations are. Metal,country,straight ahead rock, etc etc. And find a place to practice uninterrupted. Lessons are nice if you can afford them but there are lots of good self taught guitarists as I'm sure you know.
If you have been playing acoustic for a while you probably have a grip on the basics. I suspect that if your dad bought you an electric and gave it to you early he senses that you are truly interested. Practice practice practice. Lots of folks learn by playing along with records. Having some effects at your fingertips may help but remember tone is in the fingers.
Best of luck and congrats on your new toy. And might I humbly suggest that when you want to move up to a better guitar you seriously consider a Yamaha. They will give you more bang for the buck than most anything else. Then again I'm seriously prejudiced. :D
User avatar Great Britain
Les Turnbull

Unread post by Les Turnbull » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:32 pm

Still have my firs guitar . Japanese Les Paul copy , here we are playing Pretty Vacant around 1979 .
Attachments
30806_121222441228747_2569.jpg
30806_121222441228747_2569.jpg (77.17 KiB) Viewed 135 times
User avatar Great Britain
Les Turnbull

Unread post by Les Turnbull » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:41 pm

As yor guitar looks like the edge and Robin Trower here are a couple of tutorials . Form yourself a band with some friends , you will learn 10 times quicker.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ho ... ORM=VIREHT

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ho ... ORM=VRDGAR
User avatar United States of America
NYGeorge

Unread post by NYGeorge » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Wow Les! Flying high. That leap would be at least an ankle breaker for me these days.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:49 pm

1979...those were the days Les :)

I also had a Les Paul copy at the time although where it was made I have no idea. It was "OK" though and I had a lot of fun with it. Can't remember where it ended up. I think I started to concentrate more on acoustic so it probably ended up getting stuck in a cupboard and forgotten about when we moved house.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”