SA 15

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, Buzzard, parametric, Saul

User avatar Great Britain
balston11

SA 15

Unread post by balston11 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:16 pm

A note below received via my web site can we help him?
Sean maybe?

I came across your Yamaha Website. For the first time I could dig a bit deeper in the Yamaha world, thanks for your enthusiasm!
On a lot of pictures in the net I discover the same missing or broken parts: the pickguard and the knobs. I have exactly the same broken parts on my SA-15. What a design/material failure - it’s a pity, because the SA-15 is a very special guitar with a courageous design.

Do you have an idea where I can find a replacement pickguard and/or 2 knobs?
Thanks for some ideas!

Kind regards,
Beat
Bill
Web http://www.alston-family.co.uk for lots of Yamaha and other guitar information
User avatar United States of America
Asmikace

Re: SA 15

Unread post by Asmikace » Fri May 10, 2019 11:08 pm

I been wanting to take dimensions of the parts I have but not sure what I can do for the best results. I could do it but need some suggestions for the best results.
User avatar New Zealand
TheSupposedStringMeister

Unread post by TheSupposedStringMeister » Sat May 11, 2019 9:51 am

Asmikace wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:08 pm
I been wanting to take dimensions of the parts I have but not sure what I can do for the best results. I could do it but need some suggestions for the best results.
Do it the way I describe on my web page and it will allow people to get a very good result.

https://superaxe.vanpolanenpetel.net/Th ... d=1523http://

Sean
NYGeorge

Unread post by NYGeorge » Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Sean
The SA 15 pickguard is different from the 30,50 etc. I made one by tracing around the broken one on my 15. I beveled the edges with a 1 inch paint scraper. I used clear plexiglass and painted the reverse white. They are single ply. As for knobs something close will have to do.
User avatar New Zealand
TheSupposedStringMeister

Unread post by TheSupposedStringMeister » Tue May 14, 2019 6:51 am

NYGeorge wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 pm
Sean
The SA 15 pickguard is different from the 30,50 etc. I made one by tracing around the broken one on my 15. I beveled the edges with a 1 inch paint scraper. I used clear plexiglass and painted the reverse white. They are single ply. As for knobs something close will have to do.
Yes I know they are different, but I was pointing out the methodology he could use as he was asking for suggestions. I think your solution is cool but we need a document that allows people to print to scale and go from there on.
NYGeorge

Unread post by NYGeorge » Tue May 14, 2019 2:21 pm

I was assuming from his post that he had the broken pick guard that he could use for a pattern.

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”