Yamaha SA-30 and SA-15 Whammy Bar

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, Buzzard, parametric, Saul

User avatar New Zealand
TheSupposedStringMeister

Yamaha SA-30 and SA-15 Whammy Bar

Unread post by TheSupposedStringMeister » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:35 am

Recently bought an SA-30 in distress. It also was missing the whammy bar. So I took the original whammy bar of another SA30 I have and copied its design. Then a stainless steel version was made and I polished it yesterday and then bend it slightly to match the original. Here is a photo of the top and bottom of it.

I can make more of these and wonder what a reasonable price would be. What do you guys think?

I will post another photo of it once it is fitted to the guitar. I think it will also fit an SA15.

User avatar Great Britain
balston11

Re: Yamaha SA-30 and SA-15 Whammy Bar

Unread post by balston11 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:52 am

Good work Sean sorry I have no idea what the right price is
Bill
Web http://www.alston-family.co.uk for lots of Yamaha and other guitar information
User avatar United States of America
NYGeorge

Unread post by NYGeorge » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:51 pm

Looks good. I could use a couple myself. As to price you are making them so you should set a price that compensates you for your time and the materials plus a bit on top of that. How much is your time worth to you that is the question. If you figure it out let me know.
User avatar New Zealand
TheSupposedStringMeister

Unread post by TheSupposedStringMeister » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:09 pm

NYGeorge wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:51 pm
Looks good. I could use a couple myself. As to price you are making them so you should set a price that compensates you for your time and the materials plus a bit on top of that. How much is your time worth to you that is the question. If you figure it out let me know.
PM'd

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”