Yamaha YG 1221

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Asmikace
Location.: United States

Yamaha YG 1221

Unread post by Asmikace »

So I am back on an overtime project and got the GAS in me. I was wanting to get a 1200 level RGX or a Pacifica 1221 to pair with my 1221ms but saw a YG 1221 that was gorgeous and win with one bid. Since they were never for export I assume, I am looking forward in getting my hands on it. Anyone with experience with them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mimasu

VIP

Re: Yamaha YG 1221

Unread post by Mimasu »

Asmikace,

No experience with them. But looks like a great catch and I know they are very rare.

Leon

balston11

Unread post by balston11 »

Looks great they are pretty rare in the west look forward to hearing all about it when you get it.

Bill
Web http://www.alston-family.co.uk for lots of Yamaha and other guitar information
Asmikace

balston11 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:42 pm Looks great they are pretty rare in the west look forward to hearing all about it when you get it.
I was trying to google photos of the model and I couldn't find anything that had that color. I am looking forward in getting such a rare bird.

balston11

Yes I believe they came in Translucent green, Translucent red burst, Faded burst, Mist violet (see my web pages) whilst it's not a great picture it doesn't look like any of those colours.

Bill
Web http://www.alston-family.co.uk for lots of Yamaha and other guitar information
Asmikace

Just the guitar yesterday and strung it up and its one rock machine. The pickups are very hot and the neck feels fast. I had a busy day yesterday so I am looking forward today getting the time to play it.

Also I noticed it has the model info on the lower body. When did Yamaha start doing that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

balston11

Very nice could that colour be Mist Violet?

Bill
Asmikace

balston11 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:11 pm Very nice could that colour be Mist Violet?
Don't know. I have yet to see a lineup of the colors of the guitar other than seeing another one like mine on Google images. I should hunt down on some more Yamaha catalogues to get more info.

jeff-carolina

VIP

Unread post by jeff-carolina »

HNGD
Nice looking guitar!!!

Mimasu

VIP

Unread post by Mimasu »

Asmikace wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:54 pm
balston11 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:11 pm Very nice could that colour be Mist Violet?
Don't know. I have yet to see a lineup of the colors of the guitar other than seeing another one like mine on Google images. I should hunt down on some more Yamaha catalogues to get more info.
In a 1992 Japanese catalog this colour is coded "TRS". The old guitarchive mentiones the following colours: Translucent Green, Translucent Red Sunburst, Faye Candide burst, Violet Mist. Based upon the code this is Translucent Red Sunburst I assume.

Leon