The Wilkinson VS50-6 bridge on the 600 pacifica range

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Buzzard, Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Australia
BOOMY

The Wilkinson VS50-6 bridge on the 600 pacifica range

Unread post by BOOMY » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Does anyone know where this bridge can be purchased as an aftermarket part? I can only find the 2 hole version of the vs50 for sale, not the 6 hole version as seen on the 600 series of pacificas. I absolutely love this bridge on my pac611 and I want to bring my old sentimental pac112 (that I've had since I was 12, I'm now 34) up to the same level of hardware.

And can I just say the pacifica 611VFM is the most stable tuning I've ever experienced on a guitar with a trem, even with severe dimebag darrell level of whammy abuse. Almost every time I pick it up "is it in tune? of course it is!"
Advertisement
Electronic Music Production Courses from Loopmasters.com
User avatar United States of America
Asmikace

Re: The Wilkinson VS50-6 bridge on the 600 pacifica range

Unread post by Asmikace » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:43 pm

I assume since the guitar is still in production you can order the part through Yamaha. I just don't know what department you have to contact.
User avatar Italy
Dark Guitar

Re: The Wilkinson VS50-6 bridge on the 600 pacifica range

Unread post by Dark Guitar » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Since it's not a catalogue product by Wilkinson/Gotoh but made on purpose for Yamaha (in this case), you could be able to buy it contacting Yamaha assistance (which will probably put you in touch with the distributor in your area).

I see you're in Austrlia, there's a specific spare parts section too.

Reading around, the part ID they're using for the VS 50-6 should be WY203005 and costs about $93.

:greetings-wavingyellow:

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”