Revstar Truss Wrench

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Quietly

Revstar Truss Wrench

Unread post by Quietly »

That's what they call them and to find out about them or buy one is a nightmare. Firstly I know them as Truss Rod Keys not Wrenches and when I contact a UK Yamaha Spares Company the price for a Truss Wrench and a Tusq nut was and I quote "The total price for the TUSQ NUT & TRUSS WRENCH including European packing and carriage would be £47.33." Holly Molly now considering a Tusq Nut is around £10 this wrench must be something else.

Check out Yamaha USA on Truss Wrench sizes and they say 5mm. Question is a Truss Wrench a 5mm socket? Answer to that is clearly not. OK so I take my Allen Key set out and the first I try is a 5mm and it will not go in. Next I try a 4.5mm and the same result lastly a 4mm and BINGO.

So if you buy a second hand Revstar and it doesn't have a Truss Wrench just use a 4mm Allen Key. Back to the UK Yamaha Spares Company how the hell can they justify the price of a Yamaha Trust Wrench when all it is is a 4mm Allen Key? :confusion-confused:

Adjusted and dusted.

Quietly

PS I get the strange feeling I am talking to myself here but what the heck LOL :?

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Revstar Truss Wrench

Unread post by Saul »

This is one for the "Don't Get Me Started" section ;)

I am in total agreement with you though. Absolutely ludicrous price for what is essentially just an allen key. How the hell they can justify that price I really cannot understand 8O

Profiteering at it's worst and Yamaha should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves :evil:

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

Scandalous - and quite unworthy of them. (worthy of a second-hand Car Salesman perhaps).

Seems it's nurturing the "You must use a Yamaha part or you'll break it" Myth . . .

. . NOW you're going to tell me that the SIZE of the Allen-Key is NOT printed anywhere in the Manual? - just the Part Number?

Right?

:evil:

parametric

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Quietly

Unread post by Quietly »

Saul wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:28 pm This is one for the "Don't Get Me Started" section ;)

I am in total agreement with you though. Absolutely ludicrous price for what is essentially just an allen key. How the hell they can justify that price I really cannot understand 8O

Profiteering at it's worst and Yamaha should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves :evil:
Apart from the price Saul its the complete secrecy by Yamaha over what is a "Yamaha Truss Wrench" I could not find on any Yamaha sites or manuals etc any mention of the words 4mm or Allen Key. I just hope this post help anyone in the future who may Google Revstar Truss Wrench.

Onwards and upwards,

Quietly

Quietly

Unread post by Quietly »

parametric wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:06 am Scandalous - and quite unworthy of them. (worthy of a second-hand Car Salesman perhaps).

Seems it's nurturing the "You must use a Yamaha part or you'll break it" Myth . . .

. . NOW you're going to tell me that the SIZE of the Allen-Key is NOT printed anywhere in the Manual? - just the Part Number?

Right?

:evil:

parametric
You have it in one my friend a completely hidden secret as the words 4mm and Allen Key do not appear anywhere. Truss Wrench indeed!!!! :liar: Worth noting that an Allen Key can be referred to as a Hex Key or a Allen Wrench but note Yamaha does not use the word Hex or Allen when talking about their Truss Wrench. Now we know why. :violin:

Quietly