Yamaha MSG / Image guitars

This section is dedicated to players of electric guitar. From beginner to expert and all in between. Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar United States of America
Asmikace

Re: Yamaha MSG / Image guitars

Unread post by Asmikace » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:46 am

I think this would be more useful if i post it here but the Image I acquired from Japan has stamped made in Japan on the back. Maybe the Japanese models were for domestic only and Taiwan for exports?
20181220_194338.jpg
Great Britain
balston11

Unread post by balston11 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 am

Just goes to show you never can be sure with Yamaha next we will be finding a made in UK one

Bill
Web http://www.alston-family.co.uk for lots of Yamaha and other guitar information
Asmikace

Unread post by Asmikace » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:55 pm

balston11 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:29 am
Just goes to show you never can be sure with Yamaha next we will be finding a made in UK one

I wouldn't be surprised as Yamaha had some Custom shop Pacificas made in the US. If there are any U.K made MSG guitars, it would be pretty limited and made for select musicians which means finding one on the market would be pretty rare.
User avatar Italy
Sandokan71

Unread post by Sandokan71 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:30 pm

Hello, I'm writing from Italy. I was searching info about my guitar when I found this thread. I own a very rare blue Image Deluxe Special that was made in Taiwan in July 1989.
May be an ususeful info for you: my one has a chrome RM-Pro bridge and no a black one as the one in the first post.

I'm the first owner and I bought it from a Yamaha reseller so I can grant that no mods was made on it.

Despite the age it is still like new. Next summer "she" will be 30 and I'm already organizing her birthday... :D

Here some pictures:
Great Britain
balston11

Unread post by balston11 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the information
Bill
Web http://www.alston-family.co.uk for lots of Yamaha and other guitar information
Great Britain
balston11

Unread post by balston11 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:39 pm

By the way the one on my website see http://www.alston-family.co.uk/MSG/indexmsg.php
has a black bridge maybe it's been replaced but the rest of the hardware matches so probably not.
Bill
poidog

Re: Yamaha MSG / Image guitars - Looking for a case

Unread post by poidog » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:13 am

Hi Everyone:

I found a partial built Yamaha MSG Deluxe in California, that was stored at a Yamaha dealership. It came in a triangular cardboard box. Before I restore it, I would like to find a case. I've contacted most USA manufacturers, such as Gator, TKL, SKB, etc. I tried contacting Ibanez (AR case) and tried several times contacting Hiscox cases with no response (assuming Hiscox makes cases for Martyn Booth). Some companies are more than willing
to make a custom case for me but I'm not willing to pay $800+...just for the case. I've even looked at buying an empty case, gutting it, and re-foaming it myself. I thought I would try this forum as a last resort. Can anyone help or provide a contact (at Hiscox) to a manufacturer who has a case that will fit the Yamaha MSG?

Thank you, in advance, for your help.
Great Britain
balston11

Unread post by balston11 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:56 am

Welcome to the forum sorry can't help with the case but I am intrigued by "partial built" can you tell us more and perhaps some pictures. Does it say where it was built?
Bill
Asmikace

Unread post by Asmikace » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Hello Poidog. I myself need to find a case for my Image so I cant help you get one. However, since the designed based on a the Gibson 335s, maybe a Gibson/Epiphone case would fit?
poidog

Unread post by poidog » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:50 am

According to Mr. Booth, it was made in Sept 1988. It is stamped "Made in Taiwan" on back of headstock.
He also said the Hiscox cases made for his line of instruments are slightly smaller. But the Ibanez Artist cases
from the '80s and the '80s Fender Esprit Elite case might fit. If anyone has tried these cases, please let me know.
Here is a teaser picture. Feel like its a debutante but shes not ready for revealing.
Thank you for your responses.
Attachments
DSC00742.JPG

Return to “Electric Guitar, Amps & Effects”