Verti-Chord Pro app for MIDI keyboards

Anything to do with Midi. Controller Keyboards, Midi gear, software etc.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
GARYsParries

Verti-Chord Pro app for MIDI keyboards

Unread post by GARYsParries » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:20 am

This is my first post on this website. The clickable links contained herein were pre-approved by Saul.

I am currently developing an iOS MIDI app, the Verti-Chord Pro, that is in need of beta testing on keyboards other than my own Yamaha PSR-E363, and two Casios. The app enables advanced chord playing on MIDI keyboards using only very simple chords.

If you are interested in trying out a FREE beta version of this app, it is available at the following Apple website:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/DzdgsQlT

To use this app with a USB MIDI keyboard, you will need an iPad (or iPhone), Apple's TestFlight app, an Apple Camera Connection Kit (CCK), and a USB printer cable.

If you are new to Apple’s TestFlight app, follow the on-screen instructions provided at the above link.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, CLICK THE TESTFLIGHT ‘Redeem’ BUTTON.

Upon starting up the Verti-Chord Pro app and selecting the ‘MIDI Keyboard’ option, the app offers three modes, ‘Barre Chord MIDI’, ‘Rob Chord MIDI’, and 'E-Z Chord MIDI'.

If you are a novice to mid-level keyboard player, the ‘E-Z Chord MIDI’ mode enables you to play a simple, close-position chords, and have one or more chord notes shifted or doubled up one octave to create a corresponding open-position chord. This effect is activated during play by my patented, and patent-pending, E-Z Chord technology, which monitors the player-controlled timing of your key presses, to determine which chord notes, if any, will be affected. To view this feature, check out the YouTube video at the following link.

https://youtu.be/DwVeVJjnqik

Not shown in the video is the recently added feature that enables the affected notes to be played with a different instrument voice. This feature is activated during play by the E-Z Chord technology, which additionally monitors the player-controlled timing of your pedal presses to determine which instrument voice to use.

If you are an advanced player, the ‘E-Z Chord MIDI’ mode also enables you to create synchronized chord loops on the fly during play, without interrupting your playing, all made possible by the E-Z Chord technology. Each loop can be played with a different instrument voice, also selectable on the fly during play, and each loop can be paused and resumed independently. To view this feature, check out the YouTube video at the following link.

https://youtu.be/YEJOQnL0-KM

IF YOU ARE A GUITARIST, my patent-pending ‘Barre Chord MIDI’ and ‘Rob Chord MIDI’ modes turn your keyboard into a 6-string guitar. With the Barre Chord MIDI mode, one hand is used to 'fret' the strings, while the other hand is used to 'pluck' the strings, just like a guitar. With the Rob Chord MIDI mode, one hand is used to simultaneously fret AND strum the strings, leaving the other hand free to supplementally pluck the strings, so as to enable accompanying the strummed barre chords with melody. Both modes include up/down 'strumming' of the fretted barre chords.

All three modes enable layering your keyboard's sounds on the fly, independently of your keyboard's built-in layering functionality. Each layered sound is capable of up to 10 unique (or repeated for emphasis) layers, and each layer can be shifted +/-1 octave. Using this patent-pending technology, you will be able to create amazingly lush sounds with ease.

If you have any questions about this app, please feel free to contact me via the forum. The app also contains extensive Read Me, Help, and pop-up Tips systems.

Hope you enjoy the app. Looking forward to your feedback.

GARY
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Verti-Chord Pro app for MIDI keyboards

Unread post by Saul » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:13 pm

Just to add, Gary did indeed run this by me first.

Interesting project and I thought it would be useful to get peoples input on it.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
GARYsParries

Unread post by GARYsParries » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:43 pm

Thank you, Saul. I am particularly excited about input from the many guitarists/keyboardists I expect that you have on this website.

The app's 'Barre Chord MIDI' mode enables players to move barre chords up and down the keyboard without having to change the chord shape ... just like they can do on a guitar.

This type of 'movability' has NEVER been possible on keyboards, until now, hence the reason this feature is now patent pending.

GARY
GARYsParries

Unread post by GARYsParries » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Any pedal steel players out there?

I am just about ready to post a new beta version of my app that will transform your keyboard into a Pedal Steel Keytar!! It does everything that a pedal steel guitar can do, and sounds quite believable, even on my $200 Casio.

Even if you don’t play, this feature is still very cool.

GARY

Return to “MIDI and Controller Keyboards”