unsuccessful search for sounds to EX7, request for help

The EX5 features a unique Extended Synthesis system which incorporates a number of advanced tone generator technologies. AWM2, AN, FDSP and VL. The EX5 is one of the best keyboard Yamaha ever produced.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Poland
dragon_x

unsuccessful search for sounds to EX7, request for help

Unread post by dragon_x » Wed May 09, 2018 12:16 am

yamaha_ex7.png
Yamaha EX7
Dear owners of Yamaha EX :)
I have been looking for sounds for my Yamaha Ex7 for a long time. Unfortunately, despite many hours of searching I encountered only non-functioning links, withdrawn products in stores, ex5tech does not work :(, etc.

That's why I am asking you to share the EX7 voices if possible or to tell me where to buy or download the EX7 voices. I know that some of the sound from the EX5 works, but because of the large difference between the instruments, unfortunately not all.

Thank you in advance for your help
--
Regards
Daniel
--
Yamaha EX7, Yamaha P45
M-Audio Midisport 2x2 Anniversary Edition
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: unsuccessful search for sounds to EX7, request for help

Unread post by Saul » Wed May 09, 2018 12:40 am

Hi dragon_x and welcome to yamahamusicians.com

Whist you are correct that the original ex5tech.com site is no longer available for downloads there is http://ex5tech.co.uk/ which was set up as a temporary site whilst ex5tech.com is down. You will find plenty of patches there for your EX7 :)

Hope that helps?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Poland
dragon_x

Unread post by dragon_x » Wed May 09, 2018 12:52 am

thank you very much :)
I am already looking at ex5tech.co.uk :)
--
Regards
Daniel
--
Yamaha EX7, Yamaha P45
User avatar Poland
dragon_x

Unread post by dragon_x » Wed May 09, 2018 12:54 am

I still have a question. if I try to load EX5 sound incompatible with EX7 except that it will not play anything can happen?
--
Regards
Daniel
--
Yamaha EX7, Yamaha P45
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Wed May 09, 2018 1:17 am

I would guess nothing will happen if you try to load incompatible sounds but there are others on the forum such as Derek and Jima who run ex5tech.co.uk that will be able to give you a more definite answer.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Cayman Islands
jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by jima » Wed May 09, 2018 2:43 pm

dragon_x wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:54 am
I still have a question. if I try to load EX5 sound incompatible with EX7 except that it will not play anything can happen?
Not having an EX7 I can't say for sure but judging by what the EX5 does if it loads an EX5 voice with bits it can't load it may simply substitute a default sound for the element it cannot load. The voice structures look very similar, the EX7 is only missing the VL voice type, it has the FDSP voice type and can even do AN(Poly)+AWM although it cannot do AN(Layer)+AWM or AN+FDSP. The voice types used in the individual sound will determine what it sounds like, if only voice elements common to both EX5 and EX7 are used it will probably sound quite good.

In case you do not have it, I have added a link to the EX7 data list to the Manuals section of EX5Tech UK.
Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time :(
User avatar Wales
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Derek » Wed May 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi, it should be OK to load an EX5 file into an EX7 (not that I've tried as I do not have an EX7) and all voice types other than those mentioned by Jima should sound fine.

From your message I cannot tell if you have tried it and it doesn't work, or if you are just asking the question will it work?

Can you load a file and look for a plain AWM voice and confirm if that works?
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
User avatar Poland
dragon_x

Unread post by dragon_x » Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Thank you, for your answers
I downloaded several banks of sounds and intend to test :)
however, if somebody had any banks of sounds for EX7 or for EX5, which may work on EX7, I would be grateful for sharing them
--
Regards
Daniel
--
Yamaha EX7, Yamaha P45
User avatar Wales
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Derek » Tue May 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi, As we have said, that should be any bank, and any voice other than the voice types not supported by the EX7. In all the years of us assisting to run EX5Tech, I have no recollection of EX7 owners complaining that EX5 banks could not be used.

Go on, give it a go. :)
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
xanderbeanz

Unread post by xanderbeanz » Thu May 24, 2018 10:20 pm

I just wanted to say that, as an EX7 owner for nearly 2 years now, if you’re not programming patches yourself on the machine then you are really missing out. The FDSP section and amount of modulation potential will take a lifetime to explore.

Just today I was messing about with LFO phases, getting a nice 4-part Wavetable/vector motion that sped up with mod wheel 2, whilst mod wheel 1 added FM depth. Breathtaking stuff is there, you just have to dig for it.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Fri May 25, 2018 12:21 am

xanderbeanz wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:20 pm
I just wanted to say that, as an EX7 owner for nearly 2 years now, if you’re not programming patches yourself on the machine then you are really missing out. The FDSP section and amount of modulation potential will take a lifetime to explore.

Just today I was messing about with LFO phases, getting a nice 4-part Wavetable/vector motion that sped up with mod wheel 2, whilst mod wheel 1 added FM depth. Breathtaking stuff is there, you just have to dig for it.
I think that nicely sums up the situation with many keyboards. The treasure is in there if your prepared to dig for it :)

This is why I never discount old keyboards. I think most of them are just as usable today as when they were released. Ok they may not have the ease of modern connectivity and perhaps they need a little more TLC but, they are powerful synths just the same and in the right hands can produce very contemporary music and will continue to do so for many years to come.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

User avatar Poland
dragon_x

Unread post by dragon_x » Fri May 25, 2018 7:28 pm

The Yamaha EX7 has been my dream for 20 years. Only recently I managed to buy it in perfect condition. I'm horrified by the 300 page user manual :) I know that exploring the possibilities of this instrument will take years, so for now I am looking for sounds, especially pads, background textures, etc.

I bought the Yamaha QS300 some time ago, mainly because the second dream was the Yamaha W5 / W7. It's impossible to get a W5/W7 in a sensible state today with a miracle. The QS300 was in terrible condition. The housing was rusted from the inside. I removed the rust and lacquered the casing, I covered the plastic parts of the casing, carefully cleaned the instrument and began to look nice. I did not like the sound and after a while I sold it to my friend. Then there was KORG, and finally I found EX7 :)
--
Regards
Daniel
--
Yamaha EX7, Yamaha P45

Return to “Yamaha EX5 Forum - Also covers the EX7”