Fresh EX5 voices: someone still interested?

The EX5 features a unique Extended Synthesis system which incorporates a number of advanced tone generator technologies. AWM2, AN, FDSP and VL. The EX5 is one of the best keyboard Yamaha ever produced.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar France
EXer

Fresh EX5 voices: someone still interested?

Unread post by EXer » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:36 pm

A lot of EX5 voices have been shared by their authors in the late 1990s and in the early 2000s on a website named samplelibrary.net (later ampfea), then on EX5Tech (many of them were members of the EX5Tech community).

Many - but not all - of those voices are now available on the new EX5Tech website, thanks to Derek and Jim. Some voices are really good, and some are outstanding.
___

I have a collection of EX5 voices I created myself at that time. I have given a listen to them recently, and I believe some of them may be worth disclosing.

Some of them can be disclosed "as is".

Some of them are a bit unpolished in the sense that they need adding controller sets to become more versatile than they currently are: when I create a voice for my own needs I usually tweak its parameters directly under EDIT mode until it fits my needs of the moment, then I move on to something else. That's why I didn't share them in the heyday of EX5Tech, because I didn't want to share something I felt was not fit enough for a more general use than my particular use.

Reworking those voices would take me time (I'm very slow), but if enough people are interested I could refine them and share them.

Besides, I learned from EX5Tech that good documentation is essential (the then EX5Tech team did an outstanding job with sets like "Mel Labs", "Halloween Ghoul", "Rapman", inter alia).

So I would have to write a good documentation as well.

___

As I said before, I'm slow (very slow, indeed :oops: ), so I cannot commit to a deadline, but please let me know if someone is still interested.
EX5 EX5 EX5R FS1R TX81Z TX81Z TX7 A4000
EX5Tech Member #101

VVLNERANT OMNES VLTIMA NECAT
Advertisement
Loopcloud Music App from Loopmasters.com
User avatar Spain
EB5AGV

Re: Fresh EX5 voices: someone still interested?

Unread post by EB5AGV » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:36 pm

Count me in! :clap:
Jose Gavila

Yamaha U3H, DX7, TX81Z, DX11, 5x SY77, 2x TG77, SY99, SPX990, SY85, A3000, 2x AN1x, EX5, 2xEX5R, EX7, FS1R, MOTIF RACK XS, MOX8, Montage 6, DGX660, Genos (and 1992' FJ1200 :mrgreen: )

Akai S5000
Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Pigments 2, Analog Lab 4
Casio CT-X5000
Kawai K1, K1-II
Korg M1, Wavestation, X3, Triton Rack, Triton Le 76, TR Rack
Modartt Pianoteq 6 Stage
NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition, Maschine Mk3, Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2
Novation Xio 25
Roland D-50, JV-1080, U-220, XV-3080
Steinberg CC121, Cubase Pro 10.5, The Grand 3
StudioLogic SL88 Studio
User avatar Cayman Islands
jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Fresh EX5 voices: someone still interested?

Unread post by jima » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:30 pm

I'm always happy to have new EX5 voices and hopefully be able to share them on EX5Tech UK but am always mindful of the work required to properly document one's creations, be it voices or software so if you feel able to commit the time and effort I'd love to be able to have them and audition them.
Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time :(

Return to “Yamaha EX5 Forum - Also covers the EX7”