Yamaha Speakers YST - M100 volume, bass and treble controls not working

Studio Equipment, Backline, Accessories etc.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Great Britain
Elle1

Yamaha Speakers YST - M100 volume, bass and treble controls not working

Unread post by Elle1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:02 am

Hi, I have had my YST for years now and never given me any problems they are a godsend of sound actually. But, just recently I have had to dismantle them to improve my workstation area. And since I hooked them back the controls don't work on the right speaker neither does the Ymersion switch on the left. Do you think it could be the leads/cables? I have had a fiddle with them to make sure they are connected properly and they seem fine, but still can't control volume or eq from here. So I'm having to use my computer to control volume. Any ideas on how to rectify the issue? Is it fixable? Thanks in advance
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha Speakers YST - M100 volume, bass and treble controls not working

Unread post by Saul » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi Elle1, welcome to the forum :)

Great little speakers M100. Given that they were working fine before you moved them I think that may narrow things down a little.

If they had been sitting in the same place for several years it is very likely that when you moved them a connection has become loose. You said you checked for loose connections? Did you also try plugging into another power outlet? Did you check the fuse in the plug? I'm just thinking of the simplest things here and what I would do in the same situation.

Having absolutely checked connections on the outside then the only thing left to do is to delve inside the main speaker, the one with the controls on and check in particular at the outputs on the back. Do be careful though. Capacitors can hold a charge and can give you a nasty shock if you are not careful!

Anyone else got some suggestions?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer

Return to “Other - Studio/Audio/Backline etc”