Yamaha TX-802 MIDI data error

This section is for all variants of the Yamaha DX series. DX1/DX100/DX11/DX21/DX27/DX27S/DX5/ DX7/DX7IID/DX7IIFD/DX7S/DX9/TX81Z/TX7

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

scoobydoo123

Yamaha TX-802 MIDI data error

Unread post by scoobydoo123 »

Hello DX&TX Users!

I have been the owner of the TX-802 since yesterday. Unfortunately something is wrong. After connecting the keyboard, the message "MIDI data error!"
I connected the TX to my midi keyboard to check if everything is okay. Unfortunately you cannot use sounds. When I play, not all notes sound (apart from what I hear, they are played once in the left and once in the right speaker). When playing the (Parameter Select) LEDs, they flash unconventionally, as they please. It's very strange, unlike the other modules, I always connected MIDI IN to MIDI IN by setting the MIDI channel to 1 and it was fine. It looks disturbing here. To be sure, I also did a factory reset, but that didn't work.

Has anyone had such problems so far? Can you help me, give me a hint? I can't take advantage of this iconic DX-7 sound yet...
To illustrate the problem, I recorded a short video of what it looks like.
:arrow: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9l34w4qx1ophx ... m.MOV?dl=0

I hope it's a trifle and it's enough to change something in the settings.
Thanks for every hint
Attachments
error tx-802.JPG
Last edited by scoobydoo123 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shop Solid Top Guitars Starting at $295
Rara
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Australia

VIP

Re: Yamaha TX-802 MIDI data error

Unread post by Rara »

scoobydoo123 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:32 pm I always connected MIDI IN to MIDI IN by setting the MIDI channel to 1 and it was fine. It looks disturbing here.
I think you mean midi out of your keyboard your using to the midi in of your 802 :wink:

Rara 0-)

scoobydoo123

Re: Yamaha TX-802 MIDI data error

Unread post by scoobydoo123 »

Sorry, but before completing the post, I accidentally hit "ENTER" and it went incomplete :doh: . Edited and my problem is fully described already. Sorry for complicate...