FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Yamaha Manual Downloads

This section is for all variants of the Yamaha DX series. DX1/DX100/DX11/DX21/DX27/DX27S/DX5/ DX7/DX7IID/DX7IIFD/DX7S/DX9/TX81Z/TX7

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

AndyHornBlower Great Britain

Re: Yamaha Manual Downloads

Unread post by AndyHornBlower »

There is some degree of organisation, Rawl. It's mostly split into categories for each type of synth.

I still struggle to find the Downloads section in the index, but it's towards the bottom of the fairly long index page of the forum:

viewforum.php?f=148

Inside that are categories, mostly one per synth or small group of related synths. I now see Aftertouch Magazine at the top too.

Most threads are an upload, with a description, and not much else after that - i.e. they don't tend to turn into the usual long meandering conversation or frank exchange of views, they largely stick to the point of the upload.

People can then point out one of them, by providing a link to the relevant download thread, from inside a conversation thread. I think that works pretty well. The problem that I've seen is that people often used to just say they'd uploaded something, but give no clue how to get to it. But, yes, things are there to be linked to, and it's also possible to browse - e.g. to see what there is for the TX81Z, or the DX7, by going into the Downloads section.

I hope you resurrect the DX7 site too, but maybe also put content in this forum as well. That increases people's chances of finding it, and acts like an online backup, so it will be more likely survive if something happens to one or other of the sites.
Slow the spread of #covid19 Coronavirus : #Masks4All #masks4all
SeaGtGruff United States of America
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: GA/SC, USA

Unread post by SeaGtGruff »

AndyHornBlower wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 pm I still struggle to find the Downloads section in the index, but it's towards the bottom of the fairly long index page of the forum:

viewforum.php?f=148
If you go to the home page of the site (not just the forum), there's a Download link right near the top, in the menu bar beneath the site's name:

https://yamahamusicians.com/
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
AndyHornBlower Great Britain

Unread post by AndyHornBlower »

I hadn't noticed that. Thanks. I normally only go to the main home page by accident, then click on the forum.
Slow the spread of #covid19 Coronavirus : #Masks4All #masks4all
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Unread post by Saul »

I'm going to try and add a downloads menus at the top of the forum. Might make things a little easier :)
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
rawl747 United States of America
Where Are You Located?: Virginia Beach, VA USA

Unread post by rawl747 »

Saul,

That would probably be helpful.

Rawl
DX7 (MKI) w/ E! Card & S80 Keyboard synths
Nektar Impact LX88+ K/B, WX7 & MDT (Morrison Digital Trumpet) MIDI windcontrollers, TEC MIDI Breath & Bite controller
VL70m synth module w/ Patchman Turbo
Tx81Z, FB-01, RX-5, Roland XV-5080, Emu Emulator E6400 Classic - (this last thanks to James M.)
Win 10 Pro 64 bit with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 with Behringer ADA8200 & MOTU MIDI Express XT
Cubase Pro 13, Halion 7, NI - Kontakt 7, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Bitwig, IKMultimedia SampleTank 4, 3 & 2.5XL, Spitfire BBC SO Pro, EWQL Symphonic Orch Gold, Kirk Hunter Diamond SO, AAS Suite, BiaB 2024, Emulator X v2 & v3, Wusik Suite, Vienna Ensemble Pro v7
Assorted acoustic brass & woodwind instruments plus numerous guitars both acoustic & electric
Harmonicas - oh and a 100+ years old full upright piano...

"...there is no one absolutely essential truth for all people and ... every time I look at a coin, I instinctively want to look at the other side." -Peter Jennings