Yamaha StagePas and Behringer b112d

Tips and advice on building your home studio, buying equipment and how to use it to best effect.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Canada
MadMike62

Yamaha StagePas and Behringer b112d

Unread post by MadMike62 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Hi there,

Is this the right forum to ask this question ?

Been using a Yamaha StagePas 500 console as the heart of my humble home studio for the last 10 years or so. Will get the change to use it live a few times this winter and looking to add 2 powered speakers to the 2 existing passive speakers.

I have an opportunity to get a pair of Behringer b112d powered speakers at a very good price. Is there a way to see if they'll be compatible with the Yamaha console ?

Thx,
Mike
Advertisement
Ultimate Vocal Library
User avatar Great Britain
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Yamaha StagePas and Behringer b112d

Unread post by parametric » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:03 am

Welcome to the forums Mike . . . .

Looks to me from the Manual that the Behringers will connect nicely, one each to the MONITOR OUT L (MONO) /R jacks.(5)

Then control the Volume from the Monitor OUT control (17)

()= marked in the Manual

Hope that Helps

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Lynnspain

Unread post by Lynnspain » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:08 am

I have been using the Stagepas 400i for 7 years now. Great system. Connecting 2 wireless mics and my iPad. Not had any problems until this summer when the sound started going weird. Thought it might be the cables to the speakers, or perhaps the speakers themselves, the cables that came with system were ragged from use, so started there. Then I had a BUMF sound As I plugged my iPad in when setting up one night. Then no sound on the sound test, I always carry Spare cables so used another for the iPad and off we went. But not very good sound. Next gig Used my spare iPad ( newer model ) and we are good to go. But, Sound still not like it used to be. Bought new speaker cables and sound much improved, volume level how it was when new and sound much clearer from the tracks. But occasionally get weird things like volume suddenly dropping or juddering. an go more than a month before something happens again. I close the app on iPad (forescore) unplug iPad cable and replace. Start again and it seems to clear it.

Question is, I just read through the manual and it says ONLY cables supplied should be used. Am I damaging the equipment by using these new cables? System does not seem to get too hot even after 2 hours or more of use. Do get the odd pop sound when I switch my mic back on sometimes which I don’t remember getting before.

Not sure if the system is telling me it’s old. It has had heavy use for the 7 years. 6 nights a week for the 6 month season each year and 3 Nights or more for 3 or 4 months of the winter. What life span can you expect?
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by parametric » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Hi Lynnespain - and welcome to the forums . . . .

I can't really see that you are doing anything wrong with your gear . . .

Electrical Equipment generally works best when it is USED (often) rather than being stored . . . (Y)

No reason NOT to replace Speaker Cables if they have become "Tatty". (Y)

Not sure about only using the leads that CAME with the Set though? (Just a hook to buy Yamaha Leads :roll: )

The Speaker Leads are nothing special IMO - just T-S to T-S Jack leads. ANY decent made-up Leads should be fine.

The Manual shows them to be right-angle Plugs . . . . curious . . . .

I would avoid these ESPECIALLY if the jack panel is at all RECESSED - as they could prevent the plugs being inserted fully, if the

sockets are near the EDGE of the Recess (IYSWIM)?

Only you can say if this may be a problem in this case . . . .

Similarly, the warning about metal-cased plugs. The BEST ones usually are (i.e. Neutric®).

With care, STRAIGHT Plugs should work fine. I've always preferred Metal wireable plugs, as they can be repaired easily.

Moulded plugs are NOT meant to be repaired - and indeed cannot be visually inpected for breaks in the conductors . . .

I don't use an iPad, so cannot comment on the quality of the lead . . . .but as the iPad end is SMALL I would suggest it may wear

quickly and require replacing more frequently than not . . .

perhaps that helps?

ATB

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Return to “Home Studio”