Re: Casio FZ-1/VZ-1 Aftermarket screen?

Unread post by mitic66 »

confirm that hohner has rom version A

dmitrins

Unread post by dmitrins »

mitic66 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:48 pm
if it can be useful, I tell you my experience; I have casio fz1 and hohner hs1, the display of hohner, is broken, but it works (there is a blackened upper part), that of casio, during the last replacement of the backlight, it disappeared camplely everything (I think it is the usual problem of microcontacts). I tried the hohner display in the casio, and it works. Keep in mind that in the hohner, on the ignition, it goes directly to the menu screen, without the presentation that takes place in the caseo (casio FZ1 digital .... etc., etc. I'll look at the rom version of hohner, hoping you'll see... 8)
mitic66 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:41 pm
confirm that hohner has rom version A
Thank you for this information, so they probably just removed the splash screen routine call from the initialization process.
There is some risk, though, that my LCD will not work properly on Hohner, but as you have a Casio (ver.A I suppose?), you can get one display first, check it on both Casio and Hohner and if it works, get another one.

PCBs will go into production next week, and it may take about a month to get them, parts and assemble the first production units. I'm going to make some display's firmware improvements at this time. Feature requests, criticism, and suggestions are welcome :)
Last edited by dmitrins on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mitic66
Location.: italy lombardia monza

Unread post by mitic66 »

in fact, the best thing is to try one and see if it work with both :wink: