Tyros 1 vs PSR S750, additional styles, which one sounds better ?

Section for information and discussion about the Yamaha Tyros 1, 2 , 3,4 and 5 Arranger Keyboards.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

mike1033
Great Britain

Tyros 1 vs PSR S750, additional styles, which one sounds better ?

Unread post by mike1033 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:54 am

Hello and welcome,

This is my first post in here :) My name is Mike (living in Scotland) and I am just starting with playing on a keyboard :)

I have a big issue, as I am wondering if I should go for old Tyros 1 or buy much newer PSR S750/S950.

Currently I have Casio CT-X3000, however I can't find any nice styles like for Yamaha

i.e.
Toto Africa

or Despacito

I am looking for a keyboard which will support different "styles" that allow me play real copy of the instruments.

Not sure if Tyros 1 supports hiqh quality sounds like that ?

On a Yamaha music site, all styles are for Tyros 4/5 or PSR S750.

Could any one advise if Tyros also supports all those sounds ?
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Tyros 1 vs PSR S750, additional styles, which one sounds better ?

Unread post by Saul » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:41 am

Hi Mike, welcome to yamahamusicians.com :)

Just a word about your Casio CT-X3000 first. Casio are at the moment building a styles website and intend to substantially increase the amount of styles available for the CT-X range. Remember that unlike Yamaha with their PSR and Tyros, the CT-X is a new instrument and it will take time to create new styles and also convert other Casio style files.

Ok so Tyros 1 or PSR S750? I would probably go for the PSR S750 or better still the S950.

The Tyros 1 was a groundbreaking instrument when it was released but, that was 16 years ago! The minimum Tyros version I would look at would be Tyros 3. A used Tyros 3 with speakers will cost around the same as a PSR S950. The big plus with the Tyros 3 is it has much better keybed than the PSR S Series including of course aftertouch if that is important to you. Also you have the sampler on Tyros.

As for styles, there are thousands available for Tyros 3 and I think I am right in saying most if not all Tyros 4 styles will work on Tyros 3...perhaps with a little tweaking but one of our Tyros owners can probably confirm that.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
mike1033
Great Britain

Unread post by mike1033 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:19 am

Hi Saul

Thank you for reply.

Well CTX has a bad screen for me (contrast is too high in a position that I sit :() and I would prefer to have notes on a keyboard screen rather than surface pro ;)

With a Tyros 1 I thought that as they are dirty cheap I would take it, add usb instead of floppies and had fun with different styles.

After a year of so (assuming that I would be able to learn playing) I would buy tyros 4 or 5 depending on a difference in price (used).

With psr I have found a topic on a forum that it is impossible tk load styles (or audio styles).

I just not sure if I am thinking about the right thing...

Are there styles like in those videos on sites like yamahamusic or is it something else that was used by those artists ??

I am confused :)

Also I am a bit worried about a acreen on 750 ( I can buy it locally for 495), tyros has adjustable screen and I would like to use it to learn playing from notes (assuming that can load any midi and notes on tyros 1 hard drive)...

I can have tyros 1 for 280 or psr 750 for 495 (locally)
mike1033
Great Britain

Unread post by mike1033 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 pm

I have decided to take the PSR S750 :)

Thanks for the advice.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 pm

mike1033 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 pm
I have decided to take the PSR S750 :)

Thanks for the advice.
Would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the PSR S750, once you have had a chance to try it out of course.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

Return to “Yamaha Tyros 1,2,3,4 and 5”