Tyros-5 / voices-instruments question

Section for information and discussion about the Yamaha Tyros 1, 2 , 3,4 and 5 Arranger Keyboards.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Madleine
Location.: Europe

Tyros-5 / voices-instruments question

Unread post by Madleine »

:violin: A wonderful -hello- to the community.

First, english language is not my motherlanguage and i hope that you will understand me anyway. So, please forgive my bad knowledge of english grammar.

I am Madleine and i am a semi-pro musician. Working with several instruments.

My question is:

Is there any possibilty to put own samples of instruments into the Tyros-5 , without the annoying progress of a "install pack" ?

I mean, it is truly a nice feature to work with the YEM and to create own PPIs , to install.
But...

1) its soooo annoying that there is the 1 GB limit
2) The installation is so time intense.... every time up to 20-25 minutes. :shock:

It would be great, if i could install / store my instrumental voices ( selfmade) without losing them by installing a new pack.

Cause every time, when i install a new custom pack, the older installed voices are deleted and only the new installed voices are there. ( Again, i am talking about own sampled instrument voices) .

So i would love to copy my voices to the space where Yamaha installed / stores its Tyros voices. That i dont have to install again and again and again new voice packs and losing the older voices. Its truly soooo annoying. My own created voice packs ( CPI's , CPF's and also single UVN's) are mostly round about ca. 800 - 900 Megabyte, in a created CPI pack .

Any idea ?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Yours Madleine
Last edited by Madleine on Mon May 25, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

Re: Tyros-5 / voices-instruments question

Unread post by parametric »

Welcome to the forums Madleine . . . . .

Unfortunately I don't have knowledge of the Tyros Series, but we do seem to have an increasing number of Tyros users in here :wink:

Your English is fine BTW - you have explained your problem well (Y)

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help.

ATB

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Madleine
Location.: Europe

Re: Tyros-5 / voices-instruments question

Unread post by Madleine »

Hello Parametric :)

Thank you very much for your kind answer.
Yes, the Tyros5 is a wonderful instrument, IF the user of the Tyros5 do "dive deeper" into the possibilities of this workstation. I am pretty sure that some people think that the Tyros5 is just a entertainer key. Buts thats not true, it can do much more and a user can do much more with it... therefore i guess, more and more T5 Users come in and want to know more about the skills of the T5.

I for myself, needed a longer time to find out, more and more, seemingly "hidden" menus in the T5 OS display. I use the word -seemingly- cause i think that the menu structure isnt very well done and sometimes confusing. But thats only my personal opinion.

Also the very less information about the T5 at all, is confusing to me. I am talking about the technical informations and details....

I am also working with KORG keys and i have to say that the menu on my PA900 is much more "self describing" than the T5 menus.

Well.... i will wait and see.... what i can do with the annoying process of the -voice thing..- .

Than you again.

Madleine