Transfering my flash memory card from Tyros4 to Tyros 5

Section for information and discussion about the Yamaha Tyros 1, 2 , 3,4 and 5 Arranger Keyboards.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

chesterkins
Great Britain

Transfering my flash memory card from Tyros4 to Tyros 5

Unread post by chesterkins » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:51 am

I have just changed keyboards. I put my FL1024 into my new Tyros 5.It had had ca 8 T4 packages on it. I downloaded the T5 versions of the packages to Yamaha expansion manager. I loaded a memory stick with my instruments id and downloaded this to the T5 it took 12 minutes (to format I suppose)
BUT only 2 of the packages loaded. When tried to repeat the operation I got the message either your memory or it needs formatting
what am i doing wrong , how can i check?
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Transfering my flash memory card from Tyros4 to Tyros 5

Unread post by Saul » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi chesterkins and welcome to the forum :)

I am not familiar with how large these files would be but you already had 8 T4 packs on the FL1024 before you started and you added 2 x T5 packs so how much room do all of those require?

I can only assume that the reason your getting the message about your memory being full...if that is what you meant to say or that it needs formatting is because there is no more room left to load anything else?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
chesterkins
Great Britain

Re: Transfering my flash memory card from Tyros4 to Tyros 5

Unread post by chesterkins » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks Saul The YEM says my packs would take up 336 of the 1024 if they are the same size of the T4 versions it would mean there would be still 340 space on the card. It did say it was formatting when it loaded the only 2 I am stuck

Return to “Yamaha Tyros 1,2,3,4 and 5”