E433 display lower half is gone

This section is for the popular E series keyboards from Yamaha. If you have a problem, need info or have tips to pass on, please post here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

LAresident
Location.: Sweden

E433 display lower half is gone

Unread post by LAresident »

Hi all, I have an old e433 whose MIDI port broke after the keyboard fell off the stand.
I bought a new MIDI port and asked a technician to replace it. However it did not work and on top of that the lower part of the display stopped working. Everything else works fine.
Now I have disassembled it to see if any connection had been forgotten, all looked correct but after reassembly when I push the start button the display goes on with no text and then the whole thing turns itself off.

I guess I forgot something during reassembly. But the real question is if the display is broken or if anyone has any explanation to why half the display would stop working.

Greetings from Sweden

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: E433 display lower half is gone

Unread post by Saul »

Hi LAresident. Welcome to the forums :)

It does sound like something has come loose. I have not seen the inside of the PSR-E433 but I would guess there is not a lot in there.

I do know Yamaha utilises those very thin ribbon cables for some connections and these are easily damaged as are the tiny clips that hold them in place.

Curious though. Would your tech who replaced the USB port not have tested the keyboard? Did he/she not mention anything about display issues etc?

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.