FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

registration memory

This section is for the popular E series keyboards from Yamaha. If you have a problem, need info or have tips to pass on, please post here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

charliesnape

registration memory

Unread post by charliesnape »

Hi everyone
am new to the forum so bear with me!
My son's e433 keyboard is clearing it's registration memory of all his stored styles and voices of the songs he needs to play in his upcoming grading exams. He gets a screen message of 'mem cl' each time it happens and this numbers 3 to 4 times now. Massively frustrating for him and absolutely no help in the user manual.
The keyboard is just over a year old and the memory loss is totally random. I was convinced that he was pressing one of the many buttons by mistake but he is convinced he isn't. I know nothing about this instrument so if anyone out there has a clue what's going on I would really appreciate idiot proof advice and/or solutions to stop it happening!!
Thanks very much.
parametric Great Britain
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Near Watford, UK

VIP

Re: registration memory

Unread post by parametric »

Welcome to the forums - charliesnape,

That's a very new board.

I can appreciate the problem of the approaching exams - but I have to say that the best bet here is to ask the dealer.

If its only just out of warranty - they might just stretch a point and do something.

If that falls on deaf ears - then approach Yamaha. We have many encouraging reports here in the Forums where they have sorted problems out despite being out of warranty, to preserve their reputation . . . usually without charge - in view of the product's recent purchase.

I would GUESS that its a genuine fault, rather than the more familiar internal battery flat, problem.
Your board is too new for that (IMO).

The timing may not be ideal, but give it a try. (mention the exam problem - it might "oil the works") :lol:

Best Regards

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

Some of My own Tracks: viewtopic.php?p=88899#p88899

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Curse! This means the end of the horned gramophone and the little doggie that looks in to it.

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
shadowmask Great Britain
sector101.co.uk
sector101.co.uk
Where Are You Located?: UK

Re: registration memory

Unread post by shadowmask »

Is it possible that the E433 uses the batteries for memory backup like the older PSR series..?

http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... f=7&t=1499

Try changing the AA batteries - worth a try.

Brian
Sector101 Website - Memory Solutions for Synthesizers
Sector101 Blog - PCB Projects / Repair / Guides
Sector101 SoundCloud
Gear: SY85 / TG500 / TQ-5 / Remote 25SL / Supernova II Key + Rack / MOXF-6 / JV-2080 / FG410