How to set up E423

This section is for the popular E series keyboards from Yamaha. If you have a problem, need info or have tips to pass on, please post here.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Jax

How to set up E423

Unread post by Jax » Wed May 18, 2016 6:39 am

Hi All

I've played mostly pianos and organs but now have an E423 keyboard which I love.

I am fairly new to these keyboards so could someone please explain a procedure used to configure the sounds please,
i.e.

(dead basic!) Plug in and turn on the keyboard. I see I have various options e.g.

Voice Music Database Style (Song - for demo purposes)

Is there a right or wrong way to select these buttons please or can they be done in any order?
I find the Music Database superb for quick selections although the right hand melody is sometimes a bit "thin" and quiet .

Thanks in advance.

Jax
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Re: How to set up E423

Unread post by parametric » Wed May 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi Jax,

First recourse for you is the Manual.
psre423_en_om_c0.pdf
(4.87 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
MOST basic operations are covered, but don't be afraid to experiment, you can't really "break" anything.

Print the manual out and have it to hand as you find your way around the 423 . . .

It will all become clearer as you learn to navigate around the menus . . . often, the problem is REMEMBERING where you saw a certain function.

If you get "lost", you can always power <off> then <on> again to get back to base . . . . .

The first hurdle is to understand the "Yamaha-speak", i.e. <Voices>, <Performances>, <Styles>, <Songs> etc.

Different Manufacturers call these by different names, which can confuse . . .

Once you understand "the lingo", you will understand both the board AND the Manual better ((i))

Best Regards

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: How to set up E423

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Thu May 19, 2016 4:46 am

Regarding the manual-- you may already have a printed copy that came with your keyboard (unless you bought it used and the manual was missing), but it's still a good idea to download the PDF version because it's so much easier to use the PDF's Find function (CTRL-F) to search for every occurrence of a particular word or phrase.

I have a PSR-E433, PSR-E443, and YPT-400 (equivalent to the PSR-E403), so I can probably help you with most any questions you might have about the PSR-E423. I'll see if I can post a few general comments about the PSR-E423's features tomorrow evening-- I'm on Eastern USA time so that will presumably be Friday morning to you. :)
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha PSR-E433, PSR-E443, YPT-400, PSR-EW400
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Past keyboards: Farfisa Matador, Casio CTK-710

Return to “Yamaha PSR E443/E433/E423/E413/E403/E303/E203”