LLX 45

General Acoustic & Electro/Acoustic Guitar Forum covering all brands other than Yamaha or Yamaha guitars without a dedicated forum.

Moderators: Derek, Buzzard, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
misterturtle

LLX 45

Unread post by misterturtle » Sun May 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Hello everyone. Just joined the forum and rather than having something useful for others to read I have a question or questions of something I know little about.
About 15 years ago I purchased on ebay a Yamaha guitar that I have only been able to find out is the year it was built by contacting Yamaha. The posting was from a town which was about 30 miles from my home. I was on the computer when the guitar was posted and contacted the seller immediately asking to hold the guitar until I would arrive. He knew nothing about the guitar and said it was from an estate sale. There was never a chance for anyone else to bid, so I have no idea what competitive bidding would have brought. It is a LLX 45 built in 1998 (if my memory serves me correctly). It does not have any electronics and never did. It is quite ornate compared to my LL11 (which I dearly love). Can anybody give me information regarding this guitar? Thank you.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LLX 45

Unread post by Saul » Sun May 05, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi misterturtle, welcome to the forums and the string section :)

I remember someone else asked about this same guitar many years ago and all the info you need will be in the thread I link to below.

Suffice to say it is a rare guitar and probably worth a lot more than you paid for it (Y)

viewtopic.php?t=5082
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
misterturtle

Unread post by misterturtle » Mon May 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Thank you Saul for your link to the previous posting regarding the LLX45. Truth be told the seller (again who was not musically connected) was asking $1000.00. I offered $900.00 cash and he was happy to take it. The guitar is amazing balanced. The overtones are many (in a good way) and it seems to 'ring' forever. Sadly I am happier playing my LL11. The neck is more comfortable for my big hands and it sounds more played in (probably because it is). Again thanks for the additional information, especially the possible increase in value above what I paid.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Mon May 06, 2019 4:00 pm

That was a very good buy at $900 :) Definitely an investment.

I find it takes me some time to get used to a guitar. Most grow on me over time. Occasionally a guitar I started off not liking at all will become my most played one. The Dowina Chardonnay has probably been my most consistently liked guitar over the past couple of years and is the one I tend to gravitate to the most.

Hey if you are keeping that LLX 45 maybe post some pics?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
misterturtle

Unread post by misterturtle » Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Saul, I understand what you are saying about getting comfortable with a guitar. I have a Bourgeios Soloist, and as fine as a guitar that it is it took me quite a while to be completely comfortable with it. As far as posting photos I am not sure I will be keeping it. I do not have any emotional attachment to it and if it can serve someone well, they should be playing it. Again thanks for your help.

Return to “Acoustic Guitar Forum”