Ashbury AG-160 000 Review

General Acoustic & Electro/Acoustic Guitar Forum covering all brands other than Yamaha or Yamaha guitars without a dedicated forum.

Moderators: Buzzard, Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Ashbury AG-160 000 Review

Unread post by Saul » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Ashbury (gremlinmusic.co.uk) just sent me their Ashbury AG-160 for review and which I will be getting to in detail over the weekend. Just wanted to share a few first impressions.
Ashbury AG-160 000.png
Seems to be a very well made guitar. No rough edges anywhere, frets are well finished and smooth all the way down the neck. Also looks very tidy inside and everything nicely put together. No excess glue or anything like that.

The combination of solid Engleman spruce top and Rosewood back and sides makes it ideal for fingerpicking. That's not to say it doesn't sound great strummed but playing aggressively you can feel a certain tightness almost like someone has applied the brakes. But this is a natural quality of Engleman spruce and for me at least is just perfect.

Also included is a padded gig bag with the 'Ashbury' name in gold embroidery on the front pocket.

Only things I would change if it were my guitar would be the strings, it comes with D'Addario Phosphor Bronze which I would swap for Elixir Nanoweb's and I would lower the action by a couple of mm.

I'll be doing a full review including video..yes folks you will get to see my lovely mug online, hopefully over the weekend but I have quite a few guitars to review so not sure when it will actually go live but probably within the next two weeks.

Interested to find out if any of you have played an Ashbury acoustic and especially this model and what you thought of it.

Have updated this review on the front of the site https://yamahamusicians.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Original Scarab On Facebook
Dowina Chardonnay/Dowina Rustica/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting www.rabbittree.uk

Return to “Acoustic Guitar Forum”