About this section

General Acoustic & Electro/Acoustic Guitar Forum covering all brands other than Yamaha or Yamaha guitars without a dedicated forum.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

About this section

Unread post by Saul » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:51 am

Since I am a guitarist at heart, it being my main instrument, I thought it about time I started a section dedicated to the Acoustic Guitar. I have been playing for over 30 years...however that's 30 years of "playing" not 30 years of expertise! I have a heck of a lot to learn still and it's a wonderful journey to be on.

I will be posting reviews of guitars here along with other snippets of news and information as well as local gig listings...obviously that applies to my own locality, but your of course welcome to post your own listings for wherever you live too.

Hopefully this section will prove of interest and will grow over time, but as with all things like this, it does depend in your input so, do feel free to contribute :)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
CountryBoy

Unread post by CountryBoy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi Saul - nice to see there's going to be a section about accoustic guitars - although I'm a pianist and currently looking at buying a PSRE313 keyboard (mainly for my wife to use) I'm currently trying to learn the accoustic guitar - just having trouble with sore fingers at the moment lol. Reckon I'll just have to hang in there.

Cheers,

Ian
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi Ian

Just got back off holiday in France so only saw your post today.

Not had much time lately to add things to this section but hopefully will get around to it soon.

The sore finger thing is just something you have to work through. No way around it really but, thankfully the finger tips soon harden up and you'll find things much easier after that :)

What sort of guitar have you got there ?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
CountryBoy

Unread post by CountryBoy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi Saul - Hope the holiday went down well - I'm sure it did. I've got a couple of guitars 'cos I used to do a bit of strumming many years ago, but this time I'm learning all the notes on the strings. One of the guitars is quite a large body Antoria, one of the SF series - very nice mellow tone. The other is a smaller Hondo HO16 series - both are accoustic with steel strings. Fingers are not too bad now, I've foung that it's less strain learning single notes than try to manipulate my fingers onto chords - for some reason you seem to press too hard when trying to get the chord right (as if that would help) Anyway I'll just have to bash on with it - it's very relaxing really - just gotta take my time and not rush things too much lol.

Cheers,

Ian
Tartanlad

Re: About this section

Unread post by Tartanlad » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 am

Countryboy,

As Saul sais you shall i imagine be through that now with regards sore fingers

although i see your last post date as Aug 9th hopefully your still kept at the guitar

Best to play with light strings to start with when learning lights 10s or such

I did now though been playing approx 2 yrs and like the light 12 guage strings ..

Meantime all the best if your still with us here on the Yamaha forum ..

Return to “Acoustic Guitar Forum”