FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Zoom A1 X Four .

General Acoustic & Electro/Acoustic Guitar Forum covering all brands other than Yamaha or Yamaha guitars without a dedicated forum.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

SKYWALKER Wales
Where Are You Located?: Spain

Zoom A1 X Four .

Unread post by SKYWALKER »

I recently got this pedal processor , the X model with expression pedal . I'm not really interested in the effects options it offers for the this pedal however . Does anybody know if it's possible to re-configure the device to put other effects under the expression pedal ?

Julian .
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Re: Zoom A1 X Four .

Unread post by Saul »

That looks like a really nice effects processor :)

I don't think you can put any effect under the expression pedal as such. From what I can tell it just lets you adjust the parameters of whatever effect has been selected.
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
SKYWALKER Wales

It seems to be a pedal that offers a lot for the price , and the effects seem to be good quality . You can put together 6 effect patches and it comes with a lot of its own , some of which are pretty far- out although I personally wouldn't want to play with them .

Apparently one can do some degree of reconfiguring hooking it up to a computer , but I have a somewhat dis functional relationship with computers ,so I thought I'd ask on the forum where I'm sure there are those good with these things .
( I'm one of those dinosaurs who like vinyl records , twisty knobs and buttons that go click and stay that way until you press them again πŸ˜³πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚).
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Unread post by Saul »

There is definitely nothing wrong with twisty knobs and buttons that click πŸ˜‚

I have always been more of a "future" person in that I love tech and looking to where it will be in 5,10, 15 years from now. Hence why I went to the trouble of building a Hackintosh with a 35" curved widescreen monitor, I just feel more at home with it and it looks rather cool too 😎.

If I owned the Zoom A1 X Four I would definitely have a go at trying to allocate effects to the expression pedal but, as I don't use any effects that are not in my DAW and I don't use an external amp, just my desktop monitors, I can't really help much πŸ˜”

It is still a really nice effects box though 😁
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
SKYWALKER Wales

Well the Zoom seems to pack a lot of possibilities . Personally I'de like to cook up some patches with mellow distortions , something with which I've had limited success ,so I invite anybodies recipes ( sounds like a cookery forum πŸ˜…).

I came up with a patch that's pretty far out ( but got nothing to do with afore mentioned distortions ) . I've got it labeled as ' Ghost Choir' . The patch is / ENV-PHSR/ENSEMBLE/POLYOCT-UP/CHORUS/OPT-COMPESSION /. It's fun for fooling around with and making your guitar sound like God knows what ! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Enter your Zoom A1 recipes below and win a set of non-stick saucepans . πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚