FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Ibanez AE275BT

General Acoustic & Electro/Acoustic Guitar Forum covering all brands other than Yamaha or Yamaha guitars without a dedicated forum.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Re: Ibanez AE275BT

Unread post by Saul »

I think really it just all comes down to, if you are happy with it, that is all that matters (Y)

I would definitely change bridge pins for aesthetic reasons. I don't like plastic so although serviceable I would look to change them. I would probably favour wood over anything else but TUSQ comes a close second.
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
SKYWALKER Wales
Where Are You Located?: Spain

Unread post by SKYWALKER »

Given how bridge pins work , it seems rather unlikely to me that they have much if any effect on tone .

Your baritone guitar sounds interesting ! I took a look at them on Internet . I didn't know they existed .

I see some have 8 strings with the middle two doubled and on different octaves ( or so it appeared ! )

I suppose the tunings and chord shapes are unlike a standard guitar .

Sounds like the start of a great adventure ! ..... Enjoy !πŸ€— I'd be interested to here more about it πŸ‘
puremusic United States of America

Unread post by puremusic »

Yes I've seen some unusual ones with both single and double strings on the same guitar. If I could've found an 8 string baritone at a similar price point.. but if wishes were horses..

I have family visiting for the next two weeks, so no guitar practice for me for now! It'll have to wait a bit to get back to it.

ou can keep your chord shapes with the more normal tunings. :) It's possible the new string and tuning changes fooled me re: changing out guitar pins, but I will do my best listening tests again later on. I feel like I've unknowingly gotten involved in the guitarist's equivalent of a Brexit debate. :lol:

I'm a keyboard player really! :wink:
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - NS Design Wav5c Electric Cello - Paul Weis Acoustic Cello - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia CS80 - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
SKYWALKER Wales

The great thing about the Brexit debate , is that one can hold strong opinions while being clueless at the same time along with everybody else ! πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚..... The question " How long is a piece of string ?" comes to mind .

Strings are wonderful things with great personality and magic ,as was rightly declared by the very far- out, but influential 60s group 'The Incredible String Band '. ( Some may think thought they were saying that THEY were incredible ..... But they were referring to ' strings ' ! ...... " Wow man !... These things are blowing my mind !πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚).

My introduction to string instruments began with an Ectar . A single string instrument with which by squeezing the twin neck battens you can drop the pitch . It was made and given to me be a musician friend that lived on top of a mountain with no electricity or running water but a lot of goats !πŸ˜…. He told me.

" Most people start with a guitar .....but six strings is a lot to start with ! First discover and master the behavior of a single string because that's a lot all by itself ! ".

Now years later, I play guitar but I'm still trying to master ' The String '. That is probably, ultimately what distinguishes a great guitarist from a mediocre one.( I remain very much in the latter group πŸ˜…) A good guitarist can play very simply yet powerfully .

I'm not trying to put you off your step from keyboard to strings , only offer an awareness tip that I think is valuable and an important distinction between strings and keyboard that's there for the plundering !

I guess I'm
SKYWALKER Wales

In that last post , I was trying to share my enthusiasms for strings and their peculiar magic , but I just re-read it and it comes over as being rather patronizing 😬😳. So I'de like to offer my sincere and humble apologies for that !πŸ™πŸΌ

There's no fool like an old fool ! πŸ˜…

Julian .
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Julian, I could "offend" as an Olympic Sport and would be guaranteed a gold πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

I look back on some of the things I have said to people and cringe! "Did I REALLY say that?" 🀣. I guess that is why 99% of my "friends" are online and have never met me. One met, never seen again 🀣
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.

No worries, I was not offended. I rather like the idea of focusing on 'the string'. Sounds very deep.

My desire for more strings really stems from my love of playing the keyboard all over the place. I want a lot of variety and range. I mainly use my instruments for composition and relaxing.. the more range the more convenient it is for composing and exploring. . it really a hobby for my enjoyment. I really like convenience as the least effort for the most results appeals a lot to me. I may not play very well or have instruments that I'll never master but if I get a rough draft down I can always keep at it till it's good enough, I'm not a live performer who has to get it right for an audience.

When I play stringed instruments on the keyboard there's a limit on the expressiveness.. I've already gone past some of the normal limits using MIDI pitch bends.. but sometimes you want the direct person to string thing going. :D
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - NS Design Wav5c Electric Cello - Paul Weis Acoustic Cello - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia CS80 - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
SKYWALKER Wales

Phew ! πŸ˜… ... For someone that never means to offend, I still sometimes find I'm really good at it ! ( if only offending was playing guitar πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚).

Sounds like your relationship with playing is the same as mine . I just like to pick up the guitar and see what comes out creatively .

Well !.. Between keyboard and guitar I guess you have the two top composer's tools which inspire in their separate ways .

Saul . I think you are very much the gentleman and the diplomat . If you offend by being outspoken in your views ,then those offended shouldn't engage you in discussion . Everybody is entitled to their opinions which is what makes a forum interesting !

When I go to England ( which is rare ) , I always stay in Brighton , so I would love to meet up with you in the flesh which I'm sure
would be a very pleasant experience ( that is if you haven't barred me from the forum by then !πŸ˜¬πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚) .

Company returned home, I can finally sit down with the guitar again. Couldn't hear the difference with the different pin this time. Well forget about that whole thing.

What I have done is fiddle around with tunings and I have to say.. I love this thing. Really.. it is great, the sound of it.. mmm. . I got it because it is rather like a cello in range, and fiddled with trying to tune it more like that, and wow. I like it better than my electric guitar. I am so sold on the baritone version. I am going to get a lot more time in with this thing than I expected. I thought it'd be a second fiddle sort of thing for me just to get away from being plugged in, but it's leaning more towards a first rate instrument for me I'll be playing just for fun rather often.

It was good when I got it, but fiddle with the tunings, drop down the lowest string, raise the highest.. tune it more like a cello, and there you go.. melancholy. . deep.. can go high when needed.. does everything. I'll be laying down tracks with this in the future, sure thing, it'll go with my compositions as a shoe in. A real gift. Thank God.
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

It happens like that sometimes. You just get the right instrument at the right time and everything falls into place. (Y)

Ibanez makes fantastic electric guitars but I think they are often overlooked in the acoustic department. It's a shame because they are equally as good and often better than the usual suspects ;)
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

SKYWALKER Wales

I'm going to keep this guitar on my tentative wish- list . I like to compose songs !... Or they compose me πŸ˜† I'm not really sure how it works , and a guitar sound with new mood characteristics would no doubt open new creativity doors .

Thank you for sharing this one and may your new love affair be a long and beautiful one 😍.

If you ever pick one up be sure to report back too. :D I doubt you'll regret it!