Calling Yamaha LL Series owners.... What strings for my LL11

General Acoustic & Electro/Acoustic Guitar Forum covering all brands other than Yamaha or Yamaha guitars without a dedicated forum.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Calling Yamaha LL Series owners.... What strings for my LL11

Unread post by MaxDread » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:29 am

Hi all

I've been mainly an electric guitarist for the last 20+ years.... With age was supposed to come wisdom, but instead a growing love for acoustic seems to be developing as I get older!

I bought a Seagull S6 folk earlier this year and strung it Elixir 80/20s, mainly because that's what brand I've used on my electrics. Before doing the same with my new Yamaha, I thought I'd check in to see what other LL11 (or other LL series) players find they prefer string wise on these guitars.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Calling Yamaha LL Series owners.... What strings for my

Unread post by Saul » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:20 am

Well for a start I have to say the Seagull is one of my all time favorite guitars! I remember the Guitar show here in London back in the early 90's where I met Robert Godin and he showed me the Original Seagull S6. I was completely in love with that guitar! Never managed to acquire one though but there's time yet :)

Getting back to strings, I have always been a big fan of Elixir. At the moment I have the phosphor bronze nanoweb's on my CPX700. (0.13-0.56) so I don't think you can go wrong with them. They are a little more expensive than most but they also last three times as long. Coupled with a tin of Fast Fret and your good to go!
Site Admin
Review on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Original Yamaha Musicians Merhandise
Dowina Chardonnay/Dowina Rustica/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting

Return to “Acoustic Guitar Forum”