PRS SE A10E Angelus

General Acoustic & Electro/Acoustic Guitar Forum covering all brands other than Yamaha or Yamaha guitars without a dedicated forum.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

PRS SE A10E Angelus

Unread post by Saul » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Anyone tried the PRS SE A10E yet? I tried one at the weekend. Very nice guitar. Sounds great and action is almost as good as an electric, certainly very easy to play. Only thing I didn't like is the lacquered neck. It makes moving up and down the fretboard a little more difficult than it needs to be. Should have been a satin finish and then the whole guitar would have been perfect! Given that it can be had for just £349 in the UK incl hard case I have to say it's incredible value for money. Not sure how it stacks up against the Yamaha CPX500 Mk3 which would be it's closest competition in terms of price and electronics from Yamaha. My Taylor 114E SE2 is better but it's also a lot more expensive. If you happen to be near a guitar store that stocks the PRS it's definitely worth a look.

The SE A10E is the first all-mahogany guitar in the SE Angelus line up. The all-mahogany body construction of this guitar provides a controlled attack and strong fundamental, delivering a warm, woody tone with a focused, punchy midrange. This strong midrange character allows the A10E to easily find a non-competing place in a mix, making it ideal for both the studio and the stage.

High-quality components include mahogany top, back, sides, and neck, rosewood fretboard, bone nut and saddle, and PRS designed tuners. The SE A10E shares the same bracing pattern and several distinct construction features as PRS's acclaimed Maryland-made acoustic line, as well as the company's trademark bird inlays and headstock design. The Angelus Cutaway body shape is both aesthetically pleasing and provides easy access to the upper frets.

These guitars come standard with undersaddle electronics that are accessible via the soundhole with both tone and volume controls.

Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

Return to “Acoustic Guitar Forum”