I finally come across a Fusion at a good price and can't collect!

Alesis Fusion Forum. Links, info & general advice

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

I finally come across a Fusion at a good price and can't collect!

Unread post by Saul »

Just my luck. I have been waiting for a Fusion to pop up for a while now. There has been a few this year but they were either overpriced or too far away or both.

I finally find one within driving distance at a good price and...LOCKDOWN! :angry-tappingfoot:

Yeah I know, it has to happen. The virus situation is out of control and the NHS need time to recover so, it is what it is. Damned frustrating though :/:

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Loopmasters Sale
shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: United Sates

VIP

Re: I finally come across a Fusion at a good price and can't collect!

Unread post by shelly0624 »

Maybe arrange a covert meeting in the dead of night wearing a hazmat suit? (Just kidding.. although it's really not funny. Talk about the proverbial carrot being dangled in front of your nose). I wonder if you paid, would he would hold it for you?

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

You can almost always guarantee Shelly that when I have money for a keyboard it will either be too far away or ridiculously overpriced.

I don't "need" it of course but these don't come up so often now so it is frustrating.

I would ask him to hold it but, everyone is looking for money these days and I know he is very reluctantly selling it so if a local buyer comes along I wouldn't blame him for letting it go. In any case, although this is supposed to be a 4-week lockdown I have a feeling it may drag on longer than that.

This covid thing is serious though. So, rules are rules and we will stick by them. At least we can still go detecting on the beach so that is a silver lining :)

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

VIP

It would be a leap of faith, but if there was a safety net-- like proof of purchase that would protect you -- I wonder if he could be paid and then let you pick it up afterwards. Probably not. I wish something would work out.

Paypal is proof of purchase though. If he takes that method of payment he could maybe hold it for you. (And if he didn't cough it up afterwards, Paypal would send the hounds 'o hell after him) -- Well not really, but it keeps people honest. There is a limited time frame though, I also know, to be reimbursed if a buyer gets taken. There are other online payment methods out there that protect buyers.. Again, I don't know how much time you have to file a claim. These are the things that really sting.
(I have a mind like a steel trap.. Let's see.. how do we go under, over, or around this obstacle??) It's gotten me into trouble and is a huge aggravation to Andy sometimes..

(sending up a prayer..)

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

The seller is what I would call...under "normal" circumstances not too far away. 160-mile round trip but, with Covid restrictions we are not supposed to travel and certainly not outside our local area.

I "could" pay now and pick up in a few weeks time but, I REALLY don't like parting with cash unless I am there in person.

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

I'm guessing that's the BHF one - West Midlands?

I thought 1 on 1 was still allowed "outside"?

40gig HD suggests an earlier one, but that is no problem really . . . .

They must be aware of the current situation - so I'm sure an agreement could be reached for an "as and when"?

Chris

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

parametric wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 am I'm guessing that's the BHF one - West Midlands?

I thought 1 on 1 was still allowed "outside"?

40gig HD suggests an earlier one, but that is no problem really . . . .

They must be aware of the current situation - so I'm sure an agreement could be reached for an "as and when"?

Chris
I saw that one Chris. I had considered it even though that is quite some drive from where I am. But no, the one I was looking at is in St Albans. A 6HD. Not so far to drive but, lockdown is lockdown and if the rules are that we can't travel outside our own area then that is what we will stick to. You never know, perhaps one will come up closer to home :)

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

shelly0624
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

VIP

I "could" pay now and pick up in a few weeks time but, I REALLY don't like parting with cash unless I am there in person.
Really, you would want to check it out first anyway. Probably best to let it go.. :(

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Of course, that is the other point. I prefer to check something is working before I buy. The Fusion is generally reliable and very well built but this is a 15-year-old keyboard so definitely worth checking out in person.

Buying new is not an issue. Could get it delivered and if there was anything wrong just send it back. Will have a think about it.

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

The 6HD has a great Synth-type keybed - one of the best I've played, FWIW . .

Chris

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

parametric wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:15 pm The 6HD has a great Synth-type keybed - one of the best I've played, FWIW . .

Chris
I would definitely agree with that Chris. I don't think I have come across a better one yet.

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook