Sparing a thought for our Colleague . . . . .

Alesis Fusion Forum. Links, info & general advice

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Sparing a thought for our Colleague . . . . .

Unread post by parametric » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:29 pm

Jesse M Smith - custodial admin of the FusionZone and the FusionClub at this time - due to the terrible "happenings" around North and South Carolina recently . . . .

I mailed Jesse last night . . . .
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 10:45 PM
To: Jesse Smith
Subject: Weather . . .

Been seeing some horror-vids from your part of the world last few days . . .

Are you OK? . . . . .

Chris
Here's his reply:
I am hanging in there Chris, I have been very lucky.

it's not over yet, my son and his family went to hilton Head South Carolina and will be attempting to come home to Wilmington, NC
tomorrow, Tuesday if they can find safe open roads to get here :(

He only suffered minor damage to the fence in his back yard.
I will need a new roof and some repair to the ceiling and insulation in the attic, but so far we are all alive and well.

I am glad we did not get hit with a Cat 3 or 4 Hurricane as originally expected.

I posted pics on my facebook page which is nothing compared to what a lot of other people have suffered.

Finally got power back on today, gas is very hard to come by do to all the flooded roads and lack of power to service stations.

There is talk about flying in food & other supplies.

It was definitely an eye opener for me reading about things like this happening to other people and actually having it happen
to you is a totally different experience. That tree missed my bedroom by about 8 feet, came down while I was sleeping.
JesseMSmiths storm damage.JPG

Take Care ... Jesse

Chris
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
SysExJohn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Uganda

Re: Sparing a thought for our Colleague . . . . .

Unread post by SysExJohn » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:55 pm

Crikey! 8O

Talk about a near miss.

That could really have made a severe mess, not to talk of what might have happened if he'd been asleep in his bed if it had come down on his house.

Does't bear thinking about, does it?
MIDI Tutor forum at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi.
UW500; 2xMU1000 + PLGs AN, DX, VL, VH & PF; SC8850; EWI4000s + VL70m; Samson Graphite 49.
AN1x, Novation X-Station 25. E-MU 02 cardbus + 1616m x 2. Sonar 7 PE. XGworks ST. & SQ01.
Garritan GPO4, COMB2, JABB3, IO, Organs, Steinway, World, Harps + GPO5 ... and now CFX lite.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Glad to hear he is alive and well. Does make you think about things in a different light when something like that happens. Suppose that tree had fallen at a slightly different angle!

I remember the biggest storm we had here in the UK back in 1987. I was dispatch riding at the time and trying to stay upright at a set of traffic lights when I looked to my left and saw a large street sign heading straight for me. I pulled away but it caught me on the leg and knocked me off the bike. WTF I was doing out in weather like that I have no idea but, hey I was a lot younger and lot more reckless. You would NOT catch me doing that now!

Of course we rarely get the sort of storms they have in the USA but you would think with such a prevalence for weather like that, they would start building their houses from proper brick instead of timber and plasterboard?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
jens5
Ireland

Unread post by jens5 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Glad he's Ok. We were evacuated from the coast,(Topsail Island), last week and have been hunkering down at our house in Durham, NC. Plenty of food, water and a small gas generator. I've experienced weather all over the world and have never seen rain like what we experienced here. Wilmington NC is not accessible by land even now. Record flooding is still ongoing. Half of the state of North Carolina is still under a flash flood watch. Very worried about our flood victims.
2ManyKeys
United States of America

Unread post by 2ManyKeys » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Wow, glad you're okay Jesse. Here in Florida hurricanes are bad but because we don't have the elevation changes the waterway flooding isn't nearly as dangerous - unless there's a huge storm surge.

Return to “Alesis Fusion Forum 6HD & 8HD”