Two more "baby" Fusions for little money . . .

Alesis Fusion Forum. Links, info & general advice

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Fozzer, Saul

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Two more "baby" Fusions for little money . . .

Unread post by parametric » Sun May 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio 24/96/

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Two more "baby" Fusions for little money . . .

Unread post by Saul » Sun May 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Funny you posted those Chris. I was just thinking of giving the Fusion a little more prominence especially since fusionsynth.com seems to have turned into a Japanese site about skin care! I know of course there is the fusion forum under the promusicproducts.com site but I think such a great keyboard needs a more substantial website :)
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow me on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Original Scarab On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hostingwww.rabbittree.uk

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 am

:lol: There are in fact two Fusion-specific sites (that I know of at any rate)

The FusionClub (ProBoards) http://fusioneer.proboards.com/threads/recent

and The FusionZone (PhBB) http://promusicproducts.com/forum/phpBB ... 676f6f7f66

<Jesse> is admin on both and I am Mod on both.

Jesse posted here just now about Klaus's two new Banks for the Fusion.

Both Sites are rather quiet of late. Most posts are about error codes that crop up - there is a list of known ones and what they might mean . .

There was never a list published . . . Same for the Midi Data format . . .

User<Psionic> put together some on-the-fly methods for doing various things which are useful should you be wanting to do those things . . .

The Reference Manual was rather poor, being as it was, merely a list of menu options, without much explanation of WHY you would use them . . .

Whilst the Fusion truly IS a Workstation - and could indeed allow you to produce the finished article inside it . . . . The promised CD-writer was never implemented, and although it IS possible to

edit midi, it is extremely tortuous - even though the screen is not a bad size (external VGA would have helped).

The DAW wins hands down for editing midi data, and copy/paste IN the Fusion requires you to be "tick-precise" as to target location . . . .

All in all - its too fiddly . . .

Quite apart from that - It is a wonderfully satisfying Synth just to PLAY - especially the 8HD - that keybed is just excellent.

The 6HD is no slouch though - and I'm liking its Synth-style keybed, more and more . . .

And they Do indeed keep cropping up from time to time.

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio 24/96/

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon May 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Well for now I have registered alesisfusion.com and it currently redirects here. When I get some more time I will set it up as a proper website and include links to The FusionClub and The FusionZone as well as this forum. Make it sort of a central hub for the Fusion. I'm sure I will eventually get another but would like the 8HD this time. Need both the room and spare cash for it first of course.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Seagull S6 Original/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Tue May 09, 2017 12:33 am

That sounds GREAT . . . . Saul . .

I appreciate that you have been intending to reacquire an 8HD - but it IS a large weighty beast as we both know . . .

I know it might not be SOON for your situation ATM, but I'll continue to post listings when I see them - just for info . . . .

Do you want to drop Jesse a line or shall I?

I think it is very positive to have all the Fusion resources links (we KNOW about) in one place . . . .Perhaps in time we could reassemble the HollowSun freebies, Joeri's V_free stuff and various user freebies all together in a Dowlnoad section?

Perhaps space might preclude this?

ATB

parametric

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 am

Yes definitely drop Jesse a line. It's my intention to set you and him if he wants as Editors on the site so you can log in and add stuff, articles, downloads etc. I think a collaborative approach will work well for this project?

Always interested to see the ebay links and in any case it's good for anyone else passing through who may be interested in acquiring a fusion :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

EXer
France

Unread post by EXer » Tue May 09, 2017 5:34 pm

parametric wrote:but it IS a large weighty beast . . .
Weighty for sure, but not that large: my 8HD fits into the case of my EX5 (the 8HD is thinner and less deep than the EX5, and just a little wider).
EX5 EX5 EX5R FS1R TX81Z TX81Z TX7 A4000
EX5Tech Member #101

Return to “Alesis Fusion Forum 6HD & 8HD”