Music for PSR S500

PSR-S500 Information and Advice

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

pfotoguy

Music for PSR S500

Unread post by pfotoguy » Sun May 04, 2008 12:11 pm

I bought a PSR S500 a few months ago. My problem is I'm 62 years old and my fingers and brain don't always work well together. In other words I'm having a really difficult time learning to play.

Is there anywhere to down load songs that will play on the PSR S500.

I like stuff from the Eagles, John Denver just about any thing besides hip hop and new wave.

where Can I get Midis?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
User avatar United States of America
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Clyde » Sun May 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi pfotoguy,
Welcome to the Forums! If your PSR S500 will play midi files, there are thousands of them on the internet, do a Google or Dogpile search to locate midi files and sites to download them from. Most Yamaha keyboards need the files to be simple midi files (SMF) in format 0 rather than format 1. It can be a challenge learning a new instrument at any age, but I find practice helps to develop hand coordination and the repetition helps to train my mind. I just turned 59, so I have to work to hone and maintain my skills more than I did years ago.
Clyde
DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.
pfotoguy

Unread post by pfotoguy » Sun May 04, 2008 1:43 pm

Thanks for the info. found some but dont know if they're 0 or 1s guess I'll just have to try them.
morcar

Re: Music for PSR S500

Unread post by morcar » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:42 am

if you want loads look on ebay as some people have them in collections. I saw one a few weeks back and it was 7 dvd's full of them.
davawt

Unread post by davawt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi pfotoguy
I have not long bought a PSR-S500 keyboard and love it, I think the best way in is via the Flash memory on the back board USB slot, I use Kingston Datatravler only get small ones as the files are very small you get loads on a 2GB stick
I use a program called Notation Musician to see the midi files and hear them first (notation) has a built in browser to look around for midis but to be honest I use whatever i can find thats good. If you connect your S500 to the PC other (USB) then you can hear the midi sound out through your S500 so you get a really good idea of the sounds. Then when you find one you really like you can print it out as a (Fake book) or (Easy notes) if you want. Then load the file via the stick and use the reg 1-8 to stop the part you want to play (usually parts 1 but can be 4). If you leave them as Midis then just press the (Song) USB button and the whole stick full is there press the normal play (start) button after selection (wheel) and play-along. Passes many an hour and its good to practice aswell with a band.
Yamaha do loads of midi files for the PSR-S500 and other keyboards downloads aswell but they are a bit costly if you just buying a single songs. Ebay looks best bet for price.
Hope this helps and by the way welcome to the forum I have only just joined myself (great place)
Take care, bye
Dave
Take care, bye
Dave
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi pfotoguy, welcome to the forums....you also Dave ;)

I have uploaded a whole bunch of midi files for anyone who is interested. There's approx 26,000 so that should keep you busy for a while! I have loads more so let me know if you want me to continue uploading :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3J48PNO7
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
davawt

Unread post by davawt » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks Saul

Loads of stuff to sift through, and listen to.

Take care, bye
Dave
Take care, bye
Dave
Keithy501

Unread post by Keithy501 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi Saul,

Thanks for the midi link.

Dave, the website I use is for midis is midisite.co.uk

There's often several versions of the same song on the various links to the host sites.

Keith
davawt

Unread post by davawt » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:15 am

Thanks Keith

Looks like more good stuff.
Take care, bye
Dave
User avatar Cuba
GeraldNus

Music for PSR S500

Unread post by GeraldNus » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:35 pm

dnaj65000 and ronarama, thanks for the beautiful music Will be journeying soon to these songs

Return to “PSR-S500”