Old Fart player

New to the site? Drop in here and say hello.

Moderators: Derek, parametric

User avatar United States of America
Oldtickers

Old Fart player

Unread post by Oldtickers » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:05 am

Hello all !
(Can you tell I am from the South in the USA?)

Just stopping in to do some research, add some insite if I can, and to see what other Yamaha players are doing these days.

I have been a fan of Yamahas for years. I had one in the Navy many many years ago. It got destroyed on a flight back from italy in the 80s.

I currently am in a Veteran's Volunteer band called "Old Tickers" because we all.... have old tickers. :D

My latest acquisition is a 91 FG 460S-12a. I am the second owner. I actually found the original owners recept in the case when it was purchased in December of 1991 for $498!!

It is a fantastic guitar in mint condition. I plan on using it at several of our Jam sessions.

Cheers!

Ed
Advertisement
Ultimate Vocal Library
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Old Fart player

Unread post by Saul » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:47 am

Welcome the forum Oldtickers...you are definitely not alone on this forum...I think many of us would fit the category of "oldtickers" :character-oldtimer: :lol:

I am mainly an acoustic player myself and always interested in old FG's. Do post some pics when you can?

See you in the string section :music-guitarred:
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar United States of America
Oldtickers

Re: Old Fart player

Unread post by Oldtickers » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:09 am

Thank you and will do!

Ed

Return to “Introduce Yourself”