Old Fart player

New to the site? Drop in here and say hello.

Moderators: Derek, parametric

Oldtickers

Old Fart player

Unread post by Oldtickers »

Hello all !
(Can you tell I am from the South in the USA?)

Just stopping in to do some research, add some insite if I can, and to see what other Yamaha players are doing these days.

I have been a fan of Yamahas for years. I had one in the Navy many many years ago. It got destroyed on a flight back from italy in the 80s.

I currently am in a Veteran's Volunteer band called "Old Tickers" because we all.... have old tickers. :D

My latest acquisition is a 91 FG 460S-12a. I am the second owner. I actually found the original owners recept in the case when it was purchased in December of 1991 for $498!!

It is a fantastic guitar in mint condition. I plan on using it at several of our Jam sessions.

Cheers!

Ed

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Old Fart player

Unread post by Saul »

Welcome the forum Oldtickers...you are definitely not alone on this forum...I think many of us would fit the category of "oldtickers" :character-oldtimer: :lol:

I am mainly an acoustic player myself and always interested in old FG's. Do post some pics when you can?

See you in the string section :music-guitarred:
Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

Oldtickers

Re: Old Fart player

Unread post by Oldtickers »

Thank you and will do!

Ed