New User EW400

New to the site? Drop in here and say hello.

Moderators: Derek, parametric

User avatar Canada
vegcousin

New User EW400

Unread post by vegcousin » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:35 pm

I have recently purchased an EW400 and have a question concerning how to adjust the volume levels of the voices used in each track of a recording.
The users manual seems to suggest that only the style volume (Track 6), the main voice volume (Track 1), or Master Volume can be adjusted.
Any help would be truly appreciated by this newbie to the forum.
User avatar United States of America
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New User EW400

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:35 am

You can adjust the overall volume of the style using the “Style Volume” function before you start to record Track 6, but you can’t adjust the volumes of the individual parts of the style.

You can adjust the volumes and other parameters (pan, octave, attack/release times, filter cutoff/resonance, reverb/chorus depths) of the Main Voice and (if you’re using it) the Dual Voice before you start to record them on Track 1 through Track 5.

So you should be able to adjust the volumes of each track of your User Song.

Once you’ve finished recording each track, you can use the “Save SMF” operation to convert the User Song to a Standard MIDI File on your USB thumb drive, after which you can use a DAW or other MIDI utility to edit the tracks as desired, such as making volume adjustments to the individual tracks of the style.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
User avatar Canada
vegcousin

Unread post by vegcousin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:20 pm

Thank you for your assistance.
User avatar United States of America
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 pm

If you need more explicit assistance, don’t hesitate to ask. :) I was replying from my iPad (as I’m doing again right now), and at the time it wasn’t possible for me to crank up my PSR-EW400 to work out a step-by-step practical example.

In any case, the PSR-E models don’t have the detailed “Mixer” features that the PSR-S models do, and their “Song Recorder” is not nearly as sophisticated as the “Song Creator” is on the PSR-S models, but with a bit of planning and work you can still do a fair job of recording multi-track songs on the PSR-EW400 and its sibling models. :)
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710

Return to “Introduce Yourself”