FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Greetings from Canberra

New to the site? Drop in here and say hello.

Moderators: Derek, parametric

pinopio Australia
Where Are You Located?: Canberra, Australia

Greetings from Canberra

Unread post by pinopio »

Hi everyone, my name is Ken and I'm a hobbyist (albeit mostly inactive, to my shame) composer from Canberra, Australia. It's great to be part of this lovely community.

Now then, I have a Korg X5 which I've owned since 1996, and she's got a couple of issues I'm hoping to get some advice on. Will post the details and some photos on the appropriate section of the forum in the very near future. Thank you, and hope you're all having a lovely day. :)
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Re: Greetings from Canberra

Unread post by Saul »

Welcome to the forums pinopio :)

I remember the KORG X5. Still a very usable keyboard today (Y)
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
pinopio Australia

Unread post by pinopio »

Thanks, Saul, it's great to be here. :)

I'm well and truly out of touch with current tech, but the X5 did serve me well back in the day, and hopefully I can get her fixed.
Kay_B
Where Are You Located?: USA

Unread post by Kay_B »

pinopio wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:51 am Hi everyone, my name is Ken and I'm a hobbyist (albeit mostly inactive, to my shame) composer from Canberra, Australia. It's great to be part of this lovely community.

Now then, I have a Korg X5 which I've owned since 1996, and she's got a couple of issues I'm hoping to get some advice on. Will post the details and some photos on the appropriate section of the forum in the very near future. Thank you, and hope you're all having a lovely day. :)
Hello. Welcome! I'm about like you, I also play for the soul, or rather, even learn to play. Unfortunately, circumstances do not allow us to devote more time to music.
pinopio Australia

Unread post by pinopio »

Thanks for the welcome, Kay_B!

Yes, it's unfortunate we don't have more time to spend on music--but I'm hopeful that one day we will!