FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

New to the site? Drop in here and say hello.

Moderators: Derek, parametric

Elvisron
Where Are You Located?: Netherlands Apeldoorn

Unread post by Elvisron »

Hi, my name is Ron, and together with my wife I have been active in the music industry for over 30 years.

At this moment I work in our home studio with a Yamaha 9000pro and it will soon be supplemented / replaced with a Yamaha Psr X900.

Our music preference is very broad: Country, Golden Oldies, Folk, Reggea, Rock, Rock and Roll, Blues, Jazz, Tex Mex, Americana, et cetera et cetera.

At the 21st of February this year, we've released our Full Album "Pictures of Home" with 9 country related songs all written, composed, arranged in Volendam by Kees Plat. This album has been picked up by UK Country Radio, Eagle Country Radio ( France ) and many many other radiostations world wide.

I've started playing the organ at my parents' home at the age of 8 years.

After a few years, at the age of 12 years old, I've had my first gig for family and friends .
After this I've got the hang of it and started performing with his father's organ.

At the age of 16 I bought bought my first keyboard, and many would follow.
From keyboards to synthesizers I've played lots of them, and performed on many events.

At the age of 25 I became the regular keyboard player in the band “Memory” from Apeldoorn, where I've met my current wife Gerrie. “Memory” performed 3 to 4 times a week through the whole country but also in Germany.

After the band Memory came to an end, we moved on. First as a quartet, then as a trio and and now for more than 25 years as a duo. We performed at various occasions, weddings, company parties, carnival, birthdays, etc. with an audience between 50 and 500 people.

For about 16 years we also performed in the Sauerland ( Germany ). We were welcome musicians in the various hotels and on various occasions.

After more than 20 years of playing the keyboards, I've decided to stop with playing the keys on stage and started working with backing tapes. The keys are now only played in their own home studio.

Regards,

Ron.
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Re: Newbie

Unread post by Saul »

Welcome to the forums Ron :)

You have certainly been very busy over the years!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the PSR-SX900 (Y)
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
Elvisron
Where Are You Located?: Netherlands Apeldoorn

Re: Newbie

Unread post by Elvisron »

Thanks Saul,

Yups very busy and still busy ;)

I will certainly post my impression and thoughts about the SX 900.

Ron.