Syconv.exe All File to Sysex

Yamaha SY77 is a 16 voice multitimbral music workstation first produced by Yamaha Corporation in 1989. The SY77 is a synthesizer whose architecture combines AFM (Advanced Frequency Modulation) synthesis, AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory 2) for ROM-borne sample-based synthesis, and the combination of these two methods christened Realtime Convolution and Modulation Synthesis (RCM).

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Fozzer, Saul

Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Syconv.exe All File to Sysex

Unread post by Clyde » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:27 am

While doing some research for someone, I ran across this little utility program. Syconv.exe converts SY77 All Files to SY/TG77 sysex files so you can use files stored in SY77 format on a TG77. I'll see if we can put it in the download section.
Clyde

Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:59 pm

Saul has added it in the downloads section, click on downloads in the menu on the left side of the page, go to Instruments, files, patches, utilities, then go to SY77 files, then scroll down to syconv and download. This should be useful for those with a TG77 and anyone whose SY77 has a malfunctioning disk drive. My thanks to Saul for getting this into the download section.
Clyde

libenskof

Re: Syconv.exe All File to Sysex

Unread post by libenskof » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Hello. I don't find the file syconv.exe anymore. I know it's been a while since it has been put on the site but it would still today help me a lot! Thanks for your help.

Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Syconv.exe All File to Sysex

Unread post by Clyde » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:03 pm

libenskof wrote:Hello. I don't find the file syconv.exe anymore. I know it's been a while since it has been put on the site but it would still today help me a lot! Thanks for your help.
Hi libenskof,
Welcome to the Forums! Ask and you shall receive, send me an email and I'll get the file to you. Please be aware that it is for converting SY77 files to TG77 files only, it does not work for the SY22, 35, 55, etc. When messages and files were moved around for the sites new format, this message ended up in the SY22 etc. area instead of the SY77/TG77 area.
Clyde
DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.

Return to “Yamaha SY77 Forum - Covers the Sy77 Keyboard and TG77 Module”