[SOLVED] Some help setting up my Gotek USB floppy emulator? Feeling a little hopeless...

The Yamaha SY99 is a synthesiser combining frequency modulation synthesis (branded as Advanced FM) and sample-based synthesis (branded as Advanced Wave Memory 2) and the direct successor to Yamaha's SY77/TG77

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul, Fozzer

dtaki

Re: Some help setting up my Gotek USB floppy emulator? Feeling a little hopeless...

Unread post by dtaki » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:26 am

Luckily, that seller was willing to send me a free SFRM72-FU-DL (the GOOD version of the floppy emulator), so in a couple weeks when it arrives I'll return to this topic.

On the other hand, I am currently halfway through some other major surgery on my SY99 (Cool Blue LCD, replace all of the tact switch buttons) so here's hoping that I don't brick it, and end up not needing the floppy emulator!

dtaki

Re: Some help setting up my Gotek USB floppy emulator? Feeling a little hopeless...

Unread post by dtaki » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:16 am

Good news! My new, 2nd gen floppy emulator (SFRM72-FU-DL) came in, and it is working perfectly - plug and play!

I simply followed the directions on this link (viewtopic.php?f=55&t=7440) and it's working as expected.

I guess it really was as simple as a defective floppy emulator. The funny part is that, before I was offered the replacement unit, the eBay store customer service rep suggested that, because it was intermittently working, they could give me a $12 partial refund and have a local technician repair it. Maybe that's how much repair technicians charge in China...?

Return to “Yamaha SY99 Forum”