Really dumb question but need quick answer (Yamaha PSR310)

Yamaha PSR/PSS & DGX Home Keyboards. If your particular model PSR/PSS/DGX keyboard doesn't have it's own section here is the place to post.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Really dumb question but need quick answer (Yamaha PSR310)

Unread post by Saul » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:54 am

If the keyboard has been dropped it is likely that something has become loose, perhaps the sensor strip but I am not sure how the midi signal is generated. I would have thought it would be taken from the same strip that triggers the internal sounds but perhaps there is a separate mechanism for midi.

I think if you are no confident in taking it all apart then you have made the right decision in leaving it alone. At least the keyboard itself does work and can be played and even the midi works apart from two notes so it can still be useful in a way, certainly for electronic music such as soft synths where a full piano range is not needed. You can use transpose anyway to move up and down octaves/semi tones.

Seems Serbia is in the same situation as Ukraine, which is where my wife comes from. They want to join the EU but it is such a drawn out process I doubt it will ever happen, especially given the current situation over there. At least they do now have visa free travel in most of the EU..not the UK of course which is a real pain for us but that has always been the case.

Anyway I hope the Germany thing works out for you. Do keep us posted on how you are getting on and if you manage to get a working midi keyboard?

Happy New Year and the best of luck for 2019 :text-happynewyear: :occasion-partyblower: :occasion-balloons:
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
Serbia
Sima

Re: Really dumb question but need quick answer (Yamaha PSR310)

Unread post by Sima » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Saul wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:54 am
If the keyboard has been dropped it is likely that something has become loose, perhaps the sensor strip but I am not sure how the midi signal is generated. I would have thought it would be taken from the same strip that triggers the internal sounds but perhaps there is a separate mechanism for midi.

I think if you are no confident in taking it all apart then you have made the right decision in leaving it alone. At least the keyboard itself does work and can be played and even the midi works apart from two notes so it can still be useful in a way, certainly for electronic music such as soft synths where a full piano range is not needed. You can use transpose anyway to move up and down octaves/semi tones.

Seems Serbia is in the same situation as Ukraine, which is where my wife comes from. They want to join the EU but it is such a drawn out process I doubt it will ever happen, especially given the current situation over there. At least they do now have visa free travel in most of the EU..not the UK of course which is a real pain for us but that has always been the case.

Anyway I hope the Germany thing works out for you. Do keep us posted on how you are getting on and if you manage to get a working midi keyboard?

Happy New Year and the best of luck for 2019 :text-happynewyear: :occasion-partyblower: :occasion-balloons:
Five or six keys do not work, and it wouldn't be a problem if it was those at the end but it's mostly some just in the middle of it. Shame. I planned to use the keyboard just for this. Most probably will be collecting dust from now on. Well, I can't really be blamed, this was my first keyboard so I didn't know where to look. Seems I can't sell it for a normal price either. Not really sure what to do with it.

Serbia is, I would say a bit more complicated. In short, people from Serbia want to work in EU countries and have access but do not really want to be in the EU. :D It's a love-hate relationship. The only reason it's getting a relative decent amount of supporters is becuase for the past decade we've been told that if we enter the EU money will rain everywhere and our salaries will quadruple, which at this point only fools believe.

The Germany thing is a stereotype because 90% of truckers in Germany are from the Balkans. Guess I had to clarify that before :D .

Anyway, thank you and everyone else in this thread for all the help you've provided me so far. Things just sometimes go in a totally different way. You've been all very helpful though. I guess most probably there won't be any music played from my house :( .

Also, I wish you all the best in the New Year's Eve and a lovely year for you and your family. :text-happynewyear:

Return to “Yamaha PSR/PSS/DGX”