Yamaha Psr 350 - Display Lcd

Yamaha PSR/PSS & DGX Home Keyboards. If your particular model PSR/PSS/DGX keyboard doesn't have it's own section here is the place to post.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Brazil
Adair

Yamaha Psr 350 - Display Lcd

Unread post by Adair » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:40 pm

I bought today the Keyboard yamaha Psr 350. Apparently everything working ok however the display shows all the details but without illumination. I use a small flashlight to read the characters. As display is working perfectly because it does not illuminate the lcd. It is very difficult to get a similar display so I am thinking of adapting a lamp next to the lcd.I accept suggestion
User avatar United States of America
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Yamaha Psr 350 - Display Lcd

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:22 pm

It sounds like the backlight or whatever is probably burned out. If you want to try replacing it, or know someone else who can do that for you, you might want to check in the Service Manual to see about the parts needed.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
Brazil
Adair

Unread post by Adair » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:40 pm

Thank you my friend
Brazil
Adair

Unread post by Adair » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:15 pm

Good morning Saul ... I managed to solve the problem of the display leds. I bought 3mm leds with 3.2volt voltage. I removed the display where there were 3 leds, replaced and worked perfectly. When I measured the output voltage of the board was 5 volts however it did not burn the leds. The leds are in parallel and it was easy to do the welding. I am posting this message because there must be people with the same problem. Saul I'm having a problem with playing the melody recordings I play. I have done many tests, I have the manual in English and Portuguese but nothing is mentioned regarding the repeated reproduction of the recording made. It happens that when I hear the melody, it doesn't stop at the end ... it just restarts and I would like that at the end of the song it just stops and doesn't restart.
Brazil
Adair

Unread post by Adair » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:42 pm

sorry SeaGtgruff..missed the name and put Saul
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:02 pm

No problem about the name!

The first thing that comes to mind is that some of Yamaha's keyboards have a Y.E.S. feature (Yamaha Education Suite), and one of its functions is an AB Repeat that lets you mark a beginning point (A) in a song, then an ending point (B), and repeat that portion of the so g in a loop. However, the loop always begins with a "count off" measure of metronome clicks, so I'm guessing it would be pretty obvious if that feature somehow got turned on and got stuck.

The next thing that comes to mind is that there might be some sort of issue with the button that starts the song, either some kind of mechanical problem or maybe something electronic, such that the keyboard keeps starting the song as soon as it ends because it thinks the start button has been pressed again.

The only other thing that comes to mind is some kind of data corruption in the memory that's causing the keyboard to jump back to the beginning of the song. But if this were the case, it would likely be happening on only one song.

By the way, is this happening on the built-in songs, or songs you've recorded yourself, or both?
Michael Rideout
Brazil
Adair

Unread post by Adair » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Many thanks for the reply. There really is this system of repeating the melody from point A to B. I set this to OFF ,,, but the problem remains. With reference to the p Keyboard DEMO melodies they play and do not repeat, they are usually some melodies where you play the first, then play the second song without repeating. I already checked the keys and they are all working normally. I think this only happens when I record a melody. The Psr 350 has 5 songs users to record. I am attaching the Manual
Attachments
PSR350E.pdf
(5.3 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:25 pm

Okay, it makes a bit of sense that the looping isn't happening on the built-in songs, but only on the user songs.

I assume the memory organization and recording process works the way it does on my PSR-E keyboards. Basically, the recording space is divided up into memory pages, and while a song is being recorded it can use multiple pages. There are two sets of data tables, one table which holds the starting page number for each track of each song, and another table which holds a sort of link or flag for each possible memory page. For each memory page, the value of this link or flag will indicate whether the given memory page is free to record in, or has already been recorded in and is continued on some other memory page, or has already been recorded in and does not continue (that is, is the end of the song). So it's possible that this table of memory page links or flags has gotten corrupted, such that the last memory page of a user song is pointing to the memory page number where the song begins, or something like that.

The best thing to do would be to perform a "Data Initialization," as described on page 86 of the manual. This will erase everything in the memory-- the user songs (but not the built-in songs), the settings which were saved to the registrations, and so on.

If there are user songs and/or registrations that you don't want to lose, you should save them to disk before you perform the data initialization.
Michael Rideout
Brazil
Adair

Unread post by Adair » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:25 pm

Friend, I did these procedures, recorded a saved tune. I am using floppy drive emulator which is working perfectly. I inserted the recorded melody and played it. He repeated everything again. Now through the Service Manual I did the program procedures, presented everything ok. I am attaching the Service Manual because there may be something in the Program Test that I did not identify. My friend, thank you very much for your help. I don't believe Yamaha missed this detail because the Keyboard has great voices and some very good features.
Attachments
yamaha_psr-350_sm.pdf
(4.52 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

Return to “Yamaha PSR/PSS/DGX”