Where's the bass drum on my PSS-680?

Yamaha PSR/PSS & DGX Home Keyboards. If your particular model PSR/PSS/DGX keyboard doesn't have it's own section here is the place to post.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

MoeShinola1

Where's the bass drum on my PSS-680?

Unread post by MoeShinola1 »

I'm trying to sequence the drums with my computer, and am able to get most of the drum kit to sound, but not the bass drum. It's not sounding in Cakewalk's piano roll. I know it's there, as I hear it when I play rhythms from the keyboard. Come to think of it, I don't hear anything from the first 2 Hand Percussion pads, either, the ones that trigger the kick and the snare, though I hear the snare from the piano roll. I just got this keyboard yesterday, so haven't learned it all yet. How do I get that bass drum to sound from my DAW?

MoeShinola1

Re: Where's the bass drum on my PSS-680?

Unread post by MoeShinola1 »

Nevermind. I see I have to rearrange each individual part of the midi files to match up with where the 680 has all the instruments.

Wandersonx
Location.: Ireland

Re: Where's the bass drum on my PSS-680?

Unread post by Wandersonx »

Hi Moe,

Glad you got sorted with the drum sound. The user manual has a list of the midi assignments for the drums. They don't seem to be in the regular positions i'd expect.

I'm connecting up my pss680 to Bandlab Cakewalk. I was wondering what DAW you were using and if you had any issues with connection?

Andrew